Tally makes people less stressed and better off financially. We've built the first fully automated debt manager to help people overcome credit card debt. Currently at Series C with $92MM in funding and backing from top investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Kleiner Perkins, we are a team that is democratizing financial services to put billions of dollars back in people’s pockets. Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives so they can worry about money less and do what they love more.
What is Tally Web Engineering like?
Our products started on mobile but we have important plans for the web—consumer-facing applications and internal tools are both key to our growth. As part of Tally’s Web Engineering team, you’ll be one of the first hires joining at a formative time, and you’ll have a big say in shaping the way the team functions.
Qualified candidates should be comfortable leading the team’s efforts in creating secure, scalable public-facing web applications and internal tools.
Role Impact and Expectations
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and are able to use your experience to drive solutions to challenging problems impacting the team
- A self-starter, and don’t need constant instruction to drive progress towards your team’s goals
- Always learning and are willing to share your knowledge with other members of the team; when expectations are missed you’re generous with feedback and take an active role guiding team-mates to a better outcome
- Confident leading technical design and implementation of secure and robust full-stack web systems from inception to launch
- Have experience with build tools, and can analyze and optimize their outputs
- Will naturally set and foster maintainability standards in our codebase, using automated tools wherever possible to keep code quality consistently high
- Understand the importance of prioritization and can balance development speed with quality
In this role we value:
- Experience as a leading developer in a team that took a web product from concept to launch
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs with a web back-end framework like Node/Express, Django or similar
- CSS/SCSS, and component-based styling strategies
- Strong understanding of web security issues, OWASP, and how to protect our consumers’ data on the web
- Familiarity with data stores, SQL or NoSQL
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage stakeholders and set realistic estimates of projects
- Strong understanding of web deployment models that support redundancy and versioning. For example to AWS with WAF, and reverse proxies or with Kubernetes
- An inclination for performance optimizations leading to highly responsive user experiences
- Experience writing automated E2E tests with Selenium or Cypress, GraphQL APIs and experience building CI/CD pipelines for web projects would be a big plus but not strictly required
A message from our leadership:
"One of our core values at Tally is 'Change shoes often.' We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally prides itself in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."
Jason Brown, Co founder and CEO