Tally makes people less stressed and better off financially. We've built the first fully automated debt manager to help people overcome credit card debt.Currently at Series C with $92MM in funding and backing from top investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Kleiner Perkins, we are a team that is democratizing financial services to put billions of dollars back in people’s pockets. Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives so they can worry about money less and do what they love more.
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) organization provides Infrastructure for our products and develops software capabilities to accelerate product iteration, quality and security. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll collaborate with backend, data, mobile engineering, product and business teams to build capabilities to accelerate product iteration, quality and security and lead a team of highly motivated and passionate SRE Engineers to help Tally achieve complete financial automation.
Core Skills: DevOps, Infrastructure, Distributed Systems, AWS, Technical Leadership, Software Architecture and Systems Design
Tally Tech Stack: Kubernetes, ELK, Prometheus, Datadog, Postgres RDS, Redis, Puppet, Terraform, Scala, Bazel, CI/CD (Jenkins, Bamboo, Gitlab) and various AWS services such as EC2, RDS, EMR, ECS, Redshift etc.
A Day In the Life:
- Proactively work with engineering leadership, diverse team members and product owners to own the team’s technical strategy, roadmap and goals
- Guide direct reports through their career development, establishing goals and objectives that are measurable and achievable
- Provide your team with the tools, opportunities and motivation to innovate and make independent decisions
- Offer perspective to the team by understanding and navigating typical tradeoffs between building Infrastructure products and a perfect technical solution; you are the guiding light to creative and practical solutions that will bring Tally’s vision into a reality
- Inspire passion about instilling good software engineering principles and practices into your team, this includes processes for planning, building and delivering robust solutions
- Effectively communicate roadmap goals and expectations timely across engineering and product
- Experience managing teams of 3+ smart, diverse and inquisitive SRE engineers
- Experience with CI/CD tools suite (Jenkins, Bamboo, Gitlab, Spinnaker, Harness, CircleCI,..)
- Experience with docker container orchestration(Kubernetes, ECS), monitoring (Grafana, Prometheus, Jaeger) and microservices architecture
- Experience architecting, building and deploying robust distributed systems with a focus on correctness, security, and reliability
- Experience in at least one server-side programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Scala, Java)
- Ability to thrive in a startup/fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
A message from our leadership: