Tally makes people less stressed and better off financially. Currently at Series C with $92MM in funding, we are a team that is democratizing financial services to put billions of dollars back in people’s pockets. Tally built the first fully automated debt manager to help people overcome credit card debt. Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives so they can worry about money less and do what they love more.
The Ethics & Compliance Team at Tally prides itself on partnering with our teammates to champion our customer’s interests and find creative, compliant, and efficient solutions to further Tally’s mission of making people less stressed and better off financially.
We’re seeking an Ethics & Compliance Analyst to help us build our company's critical ethics & compliance programs and manage our state licensing requirements. The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational and project management skills and a willingness to learn about state licensing requirements and consumer financial services regulations. Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, the role will report to the Head of Compliance (based in San Francisco, California) and will work cross-functionally with other teams.
- Manage and implement processes to comply with various US state licensing and corporate filing requirements
- Prepare corporate registration and similar filings, and engage with state regulators
- Assist in responding to auditors or other third parties in due diligence and compliance reviews
- Review communications such as marketing and advertising materials for regulatory compliance
- Support SOC2 certification efforts and data privacy program implementation
- Assist in designing and implementing risk and compliance assessments and tracking mitigation efforts
- Assist in developing and implementing ethics & compliance policies, procedures, processes and controls
- Support both larger strategic projects and day to day operations critical to our business
- Assist in maintaining and continuously improving our ethics and compliance program
- Additional support of the broader Legal, Compliance and People Operations team as needed, which includes Information Security, People Operations, and Workplace Experience.
In this role we value:
- Applying project management skills, experience, and methodologies to run projects through to completion
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail with a gets-it-done attitude
- Self-direction and a knack for spotting issues and solving problems
- Ability to research and understand varying and complex regulations, but not afraid to ask questions when you don’t know the answers
- A willingness to learn and take on new assignments
- B.A. or B.S., preferred but not required
- 2+ years of ethics/compliance, project management, financial services, paralegal and/or legal operations experience, preferred but not required
- Familiarity with SOC 2 and/or data privacy requirements is a plus, but not required
- Commitment to success, integrity, and an all-around good person