Tally makes people less stressed and better off financially. Currently at Series C with $92MM in funding, we are a team that is democratizing financial services to put billions of dollars back in people’s pockets. Tally built the first fully-automated debt manager to help people overcome credit card debt and provides a completely free automated savings service, Tally Save. Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives so they can worry about money less and do what they love more.
Tally’s Legal & Compliance Team partners with our Tally teammates to champion our customer’s interests and find creative, compliant, and efficient solutions to further Tally’s mission of making people less stressed and better off financially. As Head of Compliance at Tally you will have the exciting opportunity to build and shape Tally’s company-wide compliance program.
- Provide company-wide guidance for operational risk and compliance policy and procedures
- Advise business leaders on the implementation or operation of compliance programs
- Collaborate with the Legal team to understand company-wide legal and regulatory requirements
- Expand, develop, and maintain Tally’s compliance management system
- Review current organizational control and compliance practices by meeting with business leaders to assess strengths, opportunities, and gaps
- Develop and implement a compliance strategy to align with organizational goals and mitigate risks
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are properly communicated, accessible, documented and maintained.
- Communicate changes to compliance policy and procedure
- Establish monitoring/testing programs, reporting metrics, scorecards and channels to identify and mitigate operational and compliance risk
- Serve as the liaison for external regulatory agencies on compliance-related issues in collaboration with the Legal team
- Provide direction regarding third-party outsourcing to ensure all current and potential agreements with vendors, contractors and other service providers meet requirements and qualifications
- Train, develop, and manage direct reports to achieve organizational goals
- Coach and mentor direct reports to enhance their skillset and departmental capabilities
- Be a leader of a high performing compliance team that is execution-focused and disciplined in approach
In this role we value:
- Experience with progressive responsibility in compliance, audit, operations, or management positions with direct compliance responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience creating, launching, and implementing compliance programs
- Experience with financial services compliance preferred, but not required
- Must be comfortable in a small but nimble organization and comfortable working cross-functionally as both an individual contributor and in a managerial capacity when necessary;
- Experience working with and advising senior leaders in a strategic manner suited for a Company of Tally’s size and position
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning and execution abilities
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
- A degree such as a Bachelors, Masters, or Juris Doctorate is preferred, but not required
A message from our leadership:
"One of our core values at Tally is 'Change shoes often.' We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally prides itself in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."
-Jason Brown, Cofounder and CEO