Tally makes people less stressed and better off financially through full financial automation. We’ve successfully launched Tally Cards, the first and only fully automated debt manager to put billions of dollars back into people’s pockets, and recently launched Tally Save, the only completely free automated savings service that rewards people for good financial habits. Currently backed by some of the world’s top investors, including Andressen Horowitz and Kleiner Perkins ($92MM in total funding to date), Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives so they can be less stressed and better off financially.
What is Tally Web Engineering like?
Our products started on mobile but we have important plans for the web—consumer-facing applications and internal tools are both key to our growth. As part of Tally’s Web Engineering team, you’ll be one of the first hires joining at a formative time, and you’ll have a big say in shaping the way the team functions.
This is a full-stack role, and qualified candidates should be comfortable leading the team’s efforts in creating secure, scalable public-facing web applications and internal tools.
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity, and are able to use your experience to drive solutions to challenging problems impacting the team
- You’re a self-starter, and don’t need constant instruction to drive progress towards your team’s goals
- You’re always learning and are willing to share your knowledge with other members of the team; when expectations are missed you’re generous with feedback and take an active role guiding team-mates to a better outcome
- You’re confident leading technical design and implementation of secure and robust full-stack web systems from inception to launch
- You have experience with build tools, and can analyze and optimize their outputs
- You will naturally set and foster maintainability standards in our codebase, using automated tools wherever possible to keep code quality consistently high
- You understand the importance of prioritization and can balance development speed with quality
In this role we value:
- 4+ years of professional web development experience
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs with a web back-end framework like Node/Express, Django or similar
- CSS/SCSS, and component-based styling strategies
- Strong understanding of web security issues, OWASP, and how to protect our consumers’ data on the web
- Familiarity with data stores, SQL or NoSQL
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage stakeholders and set realistic estimates of projects
- Strong understanding of web deployment models that support redundancy and versioning. For example to AWS with WAF, and reverse proxies or with Kubernetes
- An inclination for performance optimizations leading to highly responsive user experiences
- Experience writing automated E2E tests with Selenium or Cypress, GraphQL APIs and experience building CI/CD pipelines for web projects would be a big plus but not strictly required