Tally makes people less stressed and better off financially. Currently at Series C with $92MM in funding, we are a team that is democratizing financial services to put billions of dollars back in people’s pockets. Tally built the first fully automated debt manager to help people overcome credit card debt and provides a completely free automated savings service, Tally Save. Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives so they can worry about money less and do what they love more.
The Legal & Compliance Team at Tally prides itself on partnering with our teammates to champion our customer’s interests and find creative, compliant, and efficient solutions to further Tally’s mission of making people less stressed and better off financially. And we think one of the most important ways to ensure Tally builds amazing experiences for our users is to grow and protect Tally’s culture and its most valuable resource: our Tally teammates! We are committed to the success of Tally’s mission and we believe that creating an environment where our teammates can succeed and thrive at Tally is mission critical.
- Develop and manage processes for hiring, onboarding, supporting, and offboarding employees.
- Work closely with Payroll and other relevant teams to ensure employees are accurately enrolled in Tally’s systems and processes
- Build out and manage appropriate processes for tracking and administering non-regulatory employee trainings across Tally
- Manage and maintain Tally’s policies and procedures for employment matters
- Support Tally’s People Team recruitment efforts as needed
- Support administration and management of Tally’s equity program
- Operate as liaison to Tally immigration attorney and manage immigration and visa processes
In this role we value:
- Requires at least 4 years of related HR experience or any combination of experience and education which indicates possession of knowledge and abilities, including legal and compliance experience
- Passion and experience developing employment operations procedures from the ground up
- Ability to interpret or communicate Tally’s policies and procedures for employment matters
- Ability to apply sound judgment when dealing with confidential employee matters
- Excellent attention to details and accuracy of data, ability to prioritize and follow through on requests
- Must be able to handle all HR/Payroll related information with strict confidentiality and professionalism
- Demonstrates initiative, seeks and identifies opportunities as they arise.
- Asks appropriate questions to identify the needs and expectations of others.
- Well organized, able to adhere to/meet processing deadlines
- Supports regulatory compliance as it relates to employment matters
- Proven interpersonal skills including tact, patience, courtesy and diplomacy
- BA/BS degree preferred, but not required
A message from our leadership:
"One of our core values at Tally is 'Change shoes often.' We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally prides itself in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."
Jason Brown, Cofounder and CEO