Tally makes people less stressed and better off financially. Currently at Series C with $92MM in funding, we are a team that is democratizing financial services to put billions of dollars back in people’s pockets. Tally built the first fully automated debt manager to help people overcome credit card debt and provides a completely free automated savings service, Tally Save. Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives so they can worry about money less and do what they love more.
As an early stage data team, we are thoughtful and deliberate in deciding how we build. At this point we’ve built a robust data platform on top of Airflow and Spark, but we only see this as the first step. Data at Tally goes well beyond building data platforms and pipelines - we’re working on building data services that feed back into our core product that power Tally.
Core Technologies: Spark, Scala, Python, Airflow, EMR, ECS
- Collaborate with business and technical teams across the company to identify opportunities to leverage data and deliver solutions that make theirs and our users’ lives better
- Own the data services, platform, and pipelines that provide data critical to the success of Tally’s business
- Develop solutions to turn millions of data points into actionable insights
- Constantly strive to evolve the data architecture and scalability
- Design data architecture to support business and technical teams
- Build and grow your career with an early stage team
In this role we value:
- Familiarity with using Python for data services
- Interest in leveraging Scala/Spark to build data services and pipelines
- Passion for the latest distributed analytics technologies, ETL, and Big Data systems (such as data manipulation, data engineering, data analysis)
- Strong interest in data architecture and ETL design
- Collaboration with other data/software engineers and business partners
- Healthy appreciation of security principles
- Understanding product requirements beyond the written word and take pride in building resilient and maintainable code to support a rapidly evolving product
A message from our leadership:
"One of our core values at Tally is 'Change shoes often.' We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally prides itself in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."
Jason Brown, Cofounder and CEO