Tally makes people less stressed and better off financially. Currently at Series C with $92MM in funding, we are a team that is democratizing financial services to put billions of dollars back in people’s pockets. Tally built the first fully automated debt manager to help people overcome credit card debt and provide a completely free automated savings service, Tally Save. Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives so they can worry about money less and do what they love more.
Are you driven to make a real-world impact while leveraging public cloud infrastructure, Kubernetes and microservices? Are you excited to champion the importance of Core Infrastructure security, availability and reliability to achieve Operational Excellence? If you answered yes to these questions, we would love to talk to you. We are looking for a Senior Security engineer to join our Engineering Operations team to help us accelerate our Tally engineers’ ability to automate people’s entire financial lives.
- Enhance our Cloud infrastructure (VPCs,, DNS, Certs renewals, Networking, Security Groups, CDN) security and availability using monitoring, service health dashboards, operational playbooks
- Execute identity access management, patch management, data loss prevention, and other cloud security best practices to enhance the security of Tally’s compute, data and batch resources
- Develop comprehensive logging and audit trail, data inventory and classification procedures
- Drive remediation of security vulnerabilities for all of AWS Infrastructure
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to drive central security incident response management processes for Tally’s incidents.
In this role we value:
- Experience in securing infrastructure and applications in any public cloud based providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Relevant cloud security certifications (CISSP, CCSK, AWS security etc)Solid expertise with enterprise/open-source monitoring and logging systems (Prometheus, NewRelic, sensu, Grafana, Splunk, Pagerduty, etc) to diagnose and remediate applications and infrastructure vulnerabilities
- Expertise with Amazon’s security toolset (Inspector, KMS, Organizations, GuardDuty, Macie, Shield etc)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), Docker Containers and scheduling frameworks (e.g Kubernetes, Amazon ECS)
- Experience with implementing vulnerability scans for CI/CD pipeline built using tools suite (Jenkins, Bamboo, Gitlab, Spinnaker, Harness, CircleCI,..)
- Experience with securing distributed streaming, messages systems and datastores (Kafka, EMR, Postgres, DynamoDB)
- Prior experience as an early or founding member of the security program, a plus.
A message from our leadership:
"One of our core values at Tally is 'Change shoes often.' We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally prides itself in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."
Jason Brown, Cofounder and CEO