Tally makes people less stressed and better off financially. Currently at Series C with $92MM in funding, we are a team that is democratizing financial services to put billions of dollars back in people’s pockets. Tally built the first fully automated debt manager to help people overcome credit card debt and provides a completely free automated savings service, Tally Save. Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives so they can worry about money less and do what they love more.
When faced with building things fast or right, our platform engineering team leans towards quality. We focus on collaborating not just with fellow team members but with the business overall to solve complex problems with simple, scalable solutions.
Our technology stack leverages Scala as our platform to build highly available and responsive services to make credit card automation look simple.
Core Technologies: Scala, Akka, Finagle/Thrift, Slick, Postgres, AWS (DynamoDB, Kinesis, S3), Elasticsearch
- Collaborate and work directly with product and business teams to understand and help refine complex requirements
- Mentor other engineers and advise the team on bringing together practical solutions to enable product delivery
- Maintain deep knowledge of the team's software architecture and be a model of operational excellence. You will embrace distributed, reactive systems while still being comfortable exploring new languages and frameworks
- Facilitate and participate in cross-team efforts, owning a broad scope of systems and APIs that power Tally's business. You'll write clean and testable code; be a champion for effective and secure software development practices
In this role we value:
- Exposure to working with more than one of: RPC-based services, messaging platforms, datastores, etc.
- Passion for designing RESTful APIs and the backend systems that implement them, as well as a healthy appreciation of security principles
A message from our leadership:
"One of our core values at Tally is 'Change shoes often.' We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally prides itself in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."
Jason Brown, Cofounder and CEO