Tally makes people less stressed and better off financially through full financial automation. We’ve successfully launched Tally, the first and only fully automated debt manager to put billions of dollars back into people’s pockets. Currently backed by some of the world’s top investors, including Andressen Horowitz and Kleiner Perkins ($92MM in total funding to date), Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives so they can be less stressed and better off financially.
What Is Tally Engineering Like?
The Product Services teams Tally Cards Core Financial Services build and maintain the backend systems that power the Tally app. Our engineers are driven and empathetic team members who believe in embracing modern architectures, such as distributed reactive systems and event sourcing. We program in Scala and strive to write clean, testable code that is robust and secure and we build highly-concurrent, event-driven platforms where quality and reliability matter, aiming to deploy rapidly and learning to balance quality with velocity.
- Collaborate closely with our Product team to deliver the next generation of financial automation at scale
- Scale and improve the reliability of our money transfer systems and workflows
- Engineer the next generation of reactive and intelligent rewards systems
- Build out the financial services platform that will become a strong foundation new products will be launched on top of
- Making a strong impact and iterating quickly - we have an exciting, challenging, and fast-paced product roadmap
- Scaling our money transfer pipelines to handle millions of transaction events each month
- Building the next generation of reactive and intelligent reward systems
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager to help drive the technical direction and roadmap of the team
Scala, Microservices, Akka (Http, Streams, Cluster), Kafka, Finagle, Thrift, Avro, Postgres, Docker, Kubernetes
In this role we value:
- 5+ years of professional backend engineering experience
- Experience collaborating and working directly with product and business teams to understand and help refine complex requirements, navigating through ambiguity by turning business requirements into technical solutions
- Experience with distributed, reactive systems while still being comfortable exploring new languages and frameworks
- Passion for operational excellence and experience designing and deploying highly available and robust systems with reliable monitoring and logging practices
- Strong data modeling skills, and experience working with a variety of datastores
- Experience leading cross-team efforts in order to roll-out a new feature or functionality
- Passion for mentoring other engineers and increasing the technical bar of the entire engineering team
- Passionate for learning and constantly challenging yourself for continuous improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and interest in functional-programming
Big plus if...
- You have a passion for solving complex problems in consumer finance
- You have professional experience with Scala or any other JVM language
- Have experience with distributed, event-driven systems
- You can navigate through ambiguity by turning business requirements into technical solutions
A message from our leadership:
"One of our core values at Tally is 'Change shoes often.' We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally takes pride in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."
Jason Brown, Co-founder and CEO