Tally makes people less stressed and better off financially. Currently at Series C with $92MM in funding, we are a team that is democratizing financial services to put billions of dollars back in people’s pockets. Tally built the first fully automated debt manager to help people overcome credit card debt and provides a completely free automated savings service, Tally Save. Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives so they can worry about money less and do what they love more.
An exceptional and intuitive user experience is what the Mobile Engineering team at Tally has been trusted with to build along with our Design and Product teams, making our mission of helping users become less stressed and be better off financially. Our team, although currently small, has the ambition of building the best automated financial advisor by combining strong engineering principles, exceptional UI skills and a mix of the right tools and processes to move forward in an industry where Tally is a pioneer.
Core Technologies: Objective-C, Swift, Java, Kotlin, HTTP-based APIs, JIRA, Agile, Scrum
- Proactively work with engineering leadership, team members and product owners to come up with and own the shared technical strategy and their success goals
- Guide direct reports through their career development, establishing goals and objectives that are measurable and achievable
- Provide your team with the tools, opportunities, and motivation to innovate and make decisions independently
- Strong collaboration with the product and design teams and drive to push the product experience to the next level
- Grow the Mobile Engineering team by hiring exceptional engineers
- Offer perspective to the team by understanding and navigating typical tradeoffs between building products and a perfect technical solution; you are the guiding light to creative and practical solutions that will bring Tally’s vision into a reality
- Ensure the timely execution of the product roadmap and stability and quality of the product itself
In this role we value:
- Experience managing teams of 3-5 smart, diverse and inquisitive engineers
- Experience shipping user-facing products, preferably for mobile platforms
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Helping your team by getting your hands dirty as needed will be required, this will require hands-on programming experience in Objective-C. Swift and Java/Kotlin are a great plus
A message from our leadership:
"One of our core values at Tally is 'Change shoes often.' We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally prides itself in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."
Jason Brown, Cofounder and CEO