About Tall Poppy
Tall Poppy protects teams against online harassment and abuse. We combine proactive security training, software, and skilled incident response when an individual comes under attack. We work both with everyday employees whose work puts them in the public eye, as well as high-profile or executive staff who face increased risk. We also work with content creators and influencers who face their own unique set of challenges.
About the role
We are looking for a sales representative who will work with our remote team (operating from Eastern to Pacific timezones), and potentially from our San Francisco or Ottawa offices in the future. We're a small team that values collaboration and communication.
The person we're looking for is excited and ready to take on the responsibility of building out our sales processes as we shift from founder-lead sales to a sales team. You are good at getting unblocked in the face of uncertainty, but also ask for help as soon as you get stuck. You're curious about security and about the problems Tall Poppy is trying to solve.
What you'll do day to day:
- Work closely with the CEO on sourcing, qualifying, pitching, and closing sales
- Perform follow up tasks to move the sale along the sales cycle including email and phone follow up, proposal and contract management, and CRM updating
- Reach out to customer leads through both warm intros and cold calling, with direction from the CEO
- Track progress on sales and prospecting by developing metrics and reporting on weekly, monthly, and annual goals
- Convey customer and prospect requests and desires to the product team
- Build awareness of the market landscape by gathering information on pricing, products, new products, competitors and adjacent offerings, etc
- Once existing pipeline is exhausted, candidate will source new leads and sale prospects, or potentially work with a BDR
- Joy and passion for sales
- Two to four years of sales experience
- Experience working with CRM software such as Salesforce, Copper, or Pipedrive, and meeting sales goals. We currently use Copper but are not wedded to it
- Enthusiasm for educating customers about a new kind of product/service
- Empathy and listening skills
- A high degree of skill at selling, communication, prioritization, and time management. You're good at follow-through on multi-step tasks
- Familiarity with Google Workplace (G Suite), Microsoft Office, and signing tools such as Docusign or Hellosign
We hope you have:
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to audience needs
- Prospecting, pipeline building, and closing skills
- Relationship management skills
- Previous SaaS / Enterprises Sales experience
- Existing security knowledge, particularly around consumer security topics like password managers, two-factor authentication, home networks, etc.
- Expertise in marketing, communication, or business administration, whether obtained through a degree in one of those topics, via work experience, or both
We highly encourage under-represented applicants to apply, even if you don't think you fit 100% of the criteria.
We encourage you to write a cover letter. In your cover letter, we're looking to understand why you're interested in working at Tall Poppy and what aspects of our work appeal to you. We read every application and are grateful for your interest.
Compensation for this role will be base + commission, depending on experience.