Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to help over one million people feel better? Come join our team!
We are looking for a skilled Junior Accounting Associate who wants to bring their talents into a “for purpose” space. To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
The Junior Accounting Associate will be responsible for various accounting and bookkeeping duties such as processing of business transactions including accounts receivable, helping with the monthly close of financials, reconciliation of bank statements and adhoc reporting. The person will create value for the business by ensuring that the Company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
What You'll Do
- Manage accounts receivable process, including generating and sending invoices to our enterprise clients
- Work with business development team to ensure all new or modified contract terms for enterprise clients have been communicated and are accurately reflected in billing system
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies and monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other account irregularities
- Follow up on, collect and appropriately allocate payments to our enterprise customer balances
- Generate and review AR aging
- Analyze transactions, events, and circumstances that caused changes in the company’s assets and liabilities.
- Prepare general journal entries and provide a complete record of each transaction or other event that transpired in a given accounting period
- Prepare adjusting entries necessary to achieve proper matching of revenues and expenses when determining net income for the current period
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and maintain supporting schedules and work papers
- Assist auditors in performing quarterly and annual audits by providing audit schedules that tie with the ledger accounts
- Interact directly with external auditors to provide answers and clarifications to any audit questions pertaining to a specific account
- Address adhoc requests as needed
- 4+ years of experience in accounting, bookkeeping, or accounts receivable role
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other quantitative focus preferred
- Ability to work well in high pressure situations in order to meet deadlines.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail
Talkspace is a clinical quality led telebehavioral healthcare company, focused on making quality behavioral health accessible and affordable to millions in need. Its signature psychotherapy and psychiatry product connects individual users with a network of thousands of licensed mental health providers through an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant web and mobile platform. With Talkspace, users can send their dedicated providers unlimited text, video, picture and audio messages from anywhere, at any time. Talkspace also provides psychiatry services and prescription fulfillment, adolescent therapy and couples counseling.
Our focus to help people feel better starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate as a team to make the world a better place. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification, if you believe you could make a great addition to this team. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.