Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to help over one million people feel better? Come join our team!
We are looking for a seasoned Director of Internal Audit who wants to bring their talents into a “for purpose” space. To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
The Director of Internal Audit will be responsible for building our in-house internal audit function and will serve as a “thought leader” with respect to risk management and implementing internal control best practices. The person will interact regularly with various departments in addition to the company’s external auditors as well as consultants currently supporting the internal audit function.
- Lead Internal Audit’s annual risk assessment and enterprise risk assessment
- Collaborate with external consultants to develop an audit plan to address the risk profile of the organization and oversee testing to ensure performed appropriately to address SOX 404(a) and (b) compliance
- Meet regularly with the Audit Committee to report the status of testing and communicate emerging risks (whether internal or external to the company)
- Actively participate in executive management meetings to ensure that Internal Audit is well-informed of key business developments that could have an impact on audit priorities or plans.
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance or governance requiring prompt attention.
- Lead Internal Audit’s change initiative by implementing action plans related to risk assessment
- Review all Internal Audit reports ensuring the reports are clear, concise, identify root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management
- Attract, hire, and retain a team of high-performing audit professionals who possess extensive knowledge, experience, ethics, and integrity.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other quantitative focus preferred
- Big 4 background or equivalent industry experience in internal audit function preferred
- Audit relevant certification preferred (CPA, CIA, CISA or CFE).
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, Internal Audit Standards, including auditing processes and methodologies
- 8+ years of experience either in an auditing capacity (external or internal)
- Experience in designing, monitoring, or evaluating internal controls and SOX compliance programs for a pre-IPO or newly public company a plus.
Talkspace is the world’s leading online therapy company, serving over 2 million users looking to begin their wellness journey through tele-health. According to the World Health Organization, close to 1 billion people worldwide live with a mental disorder, and on average more than 75% with mental, neurological, and substance use disorders receive no treatment for their condition at all. Additionally, one-third of the world’s population – 2 billion people – live in countries that spend less than 1% of their health budgets on mental health. Therapy is an universal need and it's our mission here to change the world by cultivating an intentional space for people to feel supported through quality care that is simple and accessible.
Combining our passion for innovation along with our desire to help others overcome the stigma behind “getting help,” we are transforming the way patients find the right care provider, making an otherwise impossible feat easily conquerable. Our network of licensed, accredited, and board-certified clinicians are increasing access to mental health for our members through a myriad of high quality therapy services: anytime and for a fraction of the price. Dedicated to our mission, we are looking for candidates that want to bring their talents into a diverse “for purpose” space. If you’re equally as passionate about making quality mental healthcare accessible to all then Talkspace is the right place for you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.