Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to help over one million people feel better? Come join our team!
We are looking for a Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager who wants to bring their talents into a “for purpose” space. To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all. The Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager will oversee the reporting process to ensure consolidated financial statements and related disclosures comply with regulatory and internal requirements. This person will help create and implement accounting policies, procedures and internal controls and assist with external and internal audit coordination. This highly-skilled individual will lead the reporting function and partner cross-functionally with leadership to ensure accurate and timely reporting as well as proper visibility needs are met.
About This Role
- Responsible for driving the reporting process to ensure consolidated financial statements and related disclosures comply with the requirements for U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”), the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) and internal management reporting
- Manage and review the preparation of financial support for periodic internal management meetings, board and audit committee meetings and quarterly earnings conference calls
- Create and maintain accounting policies and procedures
- Monitor new accounting pronouncements and SEC disclosure requirements
- Draft accounting technical memos documenting research and conclusions
- Manage and coordinate financial support aspects of special projects relating to new business ventures, acquisitions, financing structures and compensation structures
- Act as a liaison with external and internal auditors for coordination and timing of procedures
- Assist with implementation of ERP system
- Proactively identify reporting performance challenges and facilitate the development and execution of improvements, including improving the process for monthly close
- Proactively drive system and technology initiatives relating to reporting
- Develop strong working relationships with various departments
- Ensure compliance with iXBRL detail tagging requirements
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other quantitative focus preferred
- Big 4 background and CPA strongly preferred
- Experience at a publicly-traded company in a reporting role
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work well in high pressure situations in order to meet deadlines.
- Netsuites experience preferred
- ActiveDisclosure experience preferred
- 10+ years combined experience in auditing and reporting role
Talkspace is a clinical quality led telebehavioral healthcare company, focused on making quality behavioral health accessible and affordable to millions in need. Its signature psychotherapy and psychiatry product connects individual users with a network of thousands of licensed mental health providers through an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant web and mobile platform. With Talkspace, users can send their dedicated providers unlimited text, video, picture and audio messages from anywhere, at any time. Talkspace also provides psychiatry services and prescription fulfillment, adolescent therapy and couples counseling.
Our focus to help people feel better starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate as a team to make the world a better place. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification, if you believe you could make a great addition to this team. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.