Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to help over one million people feel better? Come join our team!
We are looking for an exceptionally talented and customer-obsessed Director of UX to join our growing team! In this role, you will work closely with Product Managers, Chief Experience Officer, Creative Director, and Engineering to design new features and funnels, as well as evolving existing customer facing product lines across all platforms.
- Minimum of 6+ years experience as a UX Designer creating digital-first products (iOS, Android, and web) ideally in mass market digital consumer products/apps, subscription based or e-commerce. Prior experience with digital healthcare/behavioral health is a plus
- Experience designing a variety of different types of projects and features, including but not limited to: Conversion and growth experiments, consumer-focused features driving engagement, retention, and reducing churn
- Experience formulating and executing targeted user research studies and usability testing, and distilling data sets into actionable product hypnosis
- Deep understanding of iOS, Android and Web standard UX/UI practices
- Exceptional proficiency in Sketch (and Figma)
This role is right for you if...
- You can operate with a high degree of autonomy and ownership. You have a strong ability to carry a project from conception to finished production ready design files
- You are truly customer-obsessed. You always apply data-driven insights about your prospect or target user to inform your work
- You have a deep interest and keen understanding of what's next in UX, interaction design, and visual design
- You have a wide variety of experience across platforms (iOS, Android, and web) as well as design tools, prototyping and A/B testing solutions, and best practices (accessibility, usability etc)
- You are equally energized by using your UX knowledge to optimize existing experiences as you are white-boarding net new features.
- You understand motion, audio, and animation as crucial parts of UX/UI solutions
- You are kind, ego-less, and collaborative. You don’t will your way to a solution through brute force and you recognize that a solution comes with consensus, rapport-building, and earning trust. You speak up and advocate for the user, with no other agenda
- You are as excellent a listener as you are a clear and confident communicator, both written and verbal
- You value teamwork and know how to work well across different departments and stakeholders, spanning product managers, engineers, marketers, data analytics, and brand
- You find ease in an environment filled with ambiguity
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities, while always keeping the user at the center
To be considered for the role, please share a portfolio of work demonstrating exceptional product design sensibilities, solid understanding of best practices across all platforms (web, iOS, and Android) and strong understanding of UX, behavioral economics, and an ability to solve complex problems in concise intuitive ways. You should be comfortable leveraging your skills to create good user experiences within technical constraints and scopes focused on getting the underlying value to market fast.
Talkspace is a clinical quality led telebehavioral healthcare company, focused on making quality behavioral health accessible and affordable to millions in need. Its signature psychotherapy and psychiatry product connects individual users with a network of thousands of licensed mental health providers through an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant web and mobile platform. With Talkspace, users can send their dedicated providers unlimited text, video, picture and audio messages from anywhere, at any time. Talkspace also provides psychiatry services and prescription fulfillment, adolescent therapy and couples counseling.
Our focus to help people feel better starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate as a team to make the world a better place. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification, if you believe you could make a great addition to this team. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.