Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to help over one million people feel better? Come join our team!
We are looking for an experienced Director of Communications to join our Marketing team. We are looking for someone with amazing collaboration, public relations, and communication skills who wants to bring their talents into a “for purpose” space. To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
The Director of Communications will lead strategy and execution for Communications efforts and will optimize Talkspace’s earned media presence across all channels. This individual will lead all initiatives to build awareness of the critical need for expanded mental health access throughout the population and communicate Talkspace’s unique ability to deliver affordable high quality care through our digital platform. This individual will lead development of strategic communication pillars to drive high quality press engagement, including a focus expanding Corporate Social Responsibility efforts.
About This Role
- Oversee Public Relations
- Manage external PR firm to ensure all B2C and B2B press efforts are aligned with our overall goals and company initiatives
- Set and manage PR team KPIs, and generate monthly and quarterly reports
- Work with Clinical Content and Brand Marketing team to build out proactive-pitching calendar of evergreen content and themes to ensure consistent press momentum
- Stay apprised of timely relevant press opportunities and news-driven conversations
- Design and execute Talkspace conference and industry recognition strategy
- Manage inbound press outreach as well as strategic internal communications
- Oversee Social Media
- Develop a social media strategy that grows our audience and digital footprint, fosters brand trust, creates and shares relevant, engaging content
- Work with Social Media Manager to ensure social strategy is being implemented across all social channels
- Manage Brand Partnerships/Spokesperson
- In partnership with Brand Marketing team, pitch and manage relevant brand partners or spokespeople who align with our strategic objectives and brand positioning
- General Creative Ideation
- Work cross-functionally with the Art Director and other members of the marketing team to come up with and execute on creative concepts and storylines for activations or campaigns
- BA/BS degree in communications, marketing, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in communications, social media, and marketing-related roles
- Category-specific in healthcare, mental health, wellness, technology, consumer products or other related fields
- Public company experience is a plus
Talkspace is a clinical quality led telebehavioral healthcare company, focused on making quality behavioral health accessible and affordable to millions in need. Its signature psychotherapy and psychiatry product connects individual users with a network of thousands of licensed mental health providers through an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant web and mobile platform. With Talkspace, users can send their dedicated providers unlimited text, video, picture and audio messages from anywhere, at any time. Talkspace also provides psychiatry services and prescription fulfillment, adolescent therapy and couples counseling.
Our focus to help people feel better starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate as a team to make the world a better place. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification, if you believe you could make a great addition to this team. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.