Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to help over one million people feel better? Come join our team!
We are looking for an experienced Health Information Release Specialist who wants to bring their talents into a “for purpose” space. To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
About This Role
- Use proprietary systems to locate identifiers and process documents.
- Review documentation in the proprietary platform to determine if all information is present and correct the document type, descriptor, encounter information as needed.
- Log work in a database tracking system and communicate any issues with the management team.
- Retrieve documentation from third party portals; communicate with third party vendors as necessary to ensure complete and accurate document retrieval.
- Process internal/external requests for medical records.
- Locate and arrange delivery of the medical record to the requester.
- Provide assistance and direction to all requesters by explaining and Release of Information procedures while providing exceptional customer service.
- Independently organize and prioritize time to provide full medical record availability to customers and complete all related tasks.
- Provide Manager/Supervisor with suggestions for improvement, fully complete logs and departmental documentation.
- Actively participate in process improvement, engagement, department, staff and other work meetings/teams.
- Maintain knowledge of and adhere to all HIPPA, confidentiality and compliance regulations, rules, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Education Minimum General Equivalency Diploma (GED) Preferred High School Diploma
- Associate or advanced degree in appropriate field preferred
- Minimum Preferred two years of HealthCare, Insurance, or Administrative Support related experience preferred.
- Experience in a clinical or Health Information Management Department of a large health care facility.
- Experience in working with valid authorization requests from patients, legal authorized representatives, attorneys and court systems.
- Paralegal skills required
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with conflict resolution techniques and problem analysis/resolution skills preferred
Talkspace is a clinical quality led telebehavioral healthcare company, focused on making quality behavioral health accessible and affordable to millions in need. Its signature psychotherapy and psychiatry product connects individual users with a network of thousands of licensed mental health providers through an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant web and mobile platform. With Talkspace, users can send their dedicated providers unlimited text, video, picture and audio messages from anywhere, at any time. Talkspace also provides psychiatry services and prescription fulfillment, adolescent therapy and couples counseling.
Our focus to help people feel better starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate as a team to make the world a better place. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification, if you believe you could make a great addition to this team. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.