Where You’ll Work
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in the world’s most talented software engineers.
Based globally and operating remotely, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the globe while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Andela is hiring for a top priority placement at a leading cross platform computer peripheral devices manufacturer. Our partner is looking for stable, long-term talent to join them as a Solutions Architect.
What You’ll Do
To own and maintain The Partner’s core solution and common functionalities architectural design and documentation. This role will support Business Analysts and Product Owners to design solutions and take a role of solution architect in delivery of projects. Solution Architect will engage Business Area counterpart to ensure technical solutions that meet The Partner’s business requirements, whilst ensuring compliance with the Global reference and MPA’s best standards.
- Provide direction to activities and assess The Partner’s system designs to ensure that solutions will perform satisfactorily regarding security, maintainability, and scalability.
- Work closely with Business Analysts and Product Owners to build a solution based on the received demands and URS document
- Support Product Owners to build OPCO Deployment Plan.
- Builds HLD/LLD and ensures sign off from OPCO respective stakeholders.
- Educate OPCOs counterpart on The Partner’s Platform Service catalog
- Responsible for technical outcome of the demands.
- Diagnose new and existing software products and provide quality assurance review for them.
- Understand an organization’s current server architecture, standards, future technology plans thoroughly, and recommend emerging trends for both hardware and software infrastructure according to research.
Must have technical / professional qualifications
- Degree in IT or related field (essential);
- Fluent in English
- A problem-solving mind-set utilising technology
- Technical knowledge in: Unix based Oss (Admin level), Database Operations and Administration (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL), Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Unix based systems, JSON and SOAP APIs, Cryptographic algorithms, IP Networks
- Experience working with agile methodologies, methods and frameworks. i.e. Scrum or Kanban
- System / API Integration Experience (Tools like Apigee, Tibco, MuleSoft ESB, SSL Certificates or similar).
- Understanding of data structures, including XML, JSON, objects, and arrays.
NoSQL databases and distributed storage concepts. Apache Cassandra would be advantageous.
What You’ll Get
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.