Tala’s mission is to improve the financial lives of millions of people in developing markets by creating new, accessible financial services that are most relevant to their needs.
We’re looking for a product manager who’s ready to define and deliver new products and features that will advance our vision. You’ll be joining a growing team and working closely with the engineering, data science, analytics, and credit portfolio teams.
- Translate business asks into a mobile product; productize identified needs into something users love and return to
- Instrument, monitor, and track in app analytics to measure feature impact
- Drive development teams from thoughtful ideation to frequent deployment via tools of the trade: agile scrum, A/B testing, usability studies, acceptance testing / validation
- Collaboratively define and progress product strategy with the company: champion product decisions, prioritize projects, and allocate resources
- Empathetic - you care deeply about users and strive to understand them
- Technical - you love new technology and understand the science beneath
- Detail-oriented - you have a keen eye and mind for the most minute details
- Translator - you have experience working closely with cross-functional teams and users to translate requirements into product
- Analytical - you can tackle new unstructured problems, bringing data to the conversation
- Organized - you effectively manage multiple priorities while maintaining high quality
- Comfortable with ambiguity - you can handle the ambiguities of product strategy within a startup environment and prioritize accordingly
- BA or BS
- 2+ years experience as a product manager for mobile software or consumer financial product
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Experience working with engineering teams on daily basis
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience in tracking mobile apps with Amplitude or other analytics products
- Background in international development or consumer finance
- Experience with data science and machine learning
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Advanced degree
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is a mobile technology and data science company that is changing the way credit scoring and financial services work around the world. Tala’s smartphone app instantly evaluates customers for credit using only the data on their devices and delivers customized loans in minutes.
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by IVP, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala, formerly known as InVenture, as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi and Manila.