We’re looking for a QA Manager to plan, estimate, and coordinate testing activities for our financial platform that is serving millions of users across the world. You will also work with product managers, developers, and customer service agents to ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved.
This is a 50% management 50% hands on role. Testing is both white and black box. You will be responsible for defining the test approach and execution.
- Collaborate with product management and developers to improve testability, automation, and tools
- Contribute to the development and growth of QA Engineers ranging from junior to senior levels of experience
- Work with Engineering and Data Science teams to increase test coverage with manual and automated test cases
- Provision test environments in the Cloud platform (AWS/GCP) for the QA team and configure CI (Jenkins) to push ready-to-test codebase from source control
- Lead and execute test efforts during all stages of development cycles
- Define and implement testing and verification strategies for both mobile and server platforms
- Own documentation that communicates the procedures and test results
- Experience - 6+ years experience in QA Engineering roles, 4+ years writing test cases/plans
- Automation - 3+ years of software development or equivalent test automation experience in both mobile platform and modular RESTful web services
- Leader - 3+ years leading QA/Test teams globally, both automation and manual testers
- Startup ready - Ability to prioritize and communication in a fast paced startup culture
- Load/stress testing - Extensive experience with load/stress testing frameworks to emulate millions of users hitting the system and identify bottlenecks
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science
- Experience working in Agile development process
- Experience working with Data Science/Machine Learning platforms
- Strong Unix/Linux Shell scripting skills
- Knowledge with hands-on experience in writing complex SQL queries
- Knowledge of Java, Scala, Python, Perl
- Knowledge of mobile test automation framework
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala (formerly InVenture) builds mobile products that help creditworthy individuals in emerging markets validate their financial identities and get access to fair credit to advance their businesses and families. Tala is providing choice and control to individuals around the world when it comes to their financial identity.
Tala is backed by Data Collective (DCVC), Lowercase Capital (Chris Sacca), Google Ventures, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture & impact investors. Fast Company ranked InVenture as the World’s Most Innovative Money Company in 2015 and our work has been highlighted by Wired UK, Forbes, the Economist, Vodafone, TED and many others.