Tala is looking for top-tier talent to grow our Credit and Risk Department. The Credit and Risk Analytics Manager role is perfect for somebody who wants to combine analytical skills with high business impact. You will report to the Director of Portfolio and also have the opportunity to work collaboratively with professionals across the company to make decisions that directly impact our customers’ lives. The results of your work can be very fulfilling and provide the learning insight that is necessary to continuously improve and develop. Tala also offers a uniquely mission-driven value proposition with a culture of camaraderie, energy, and high performance.
- Strategic Leadership: Develop strategies to drive growth, profitability, and competitive success for Tala and our customers
- Leadership: Manage 1-3 analysts. This will include hiring and training, with a goal of developing and retaining talent
- Product: Optimize our terms; lead financial modeling and credit product analytics
- Credit Risk: Drive improvements in credit performance by relating historical patterns to future consumer credit behavior, creating risk and financial models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Process: Build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the company, by fostering a culture of accountability, driving innovation, and creating processes that scale for growth
- Execution: Define business requirements and execute on product strategy; Oversee multiple initiatives or deployments concurrently
- Analytical Powerhouse: Proven track record of decision-making and problem-solving based on analytics; strong quantitative orientation complemented by conceptual thinking and customer-orientation
- Partnership: Collaborate with colleagues across our Growth, Data Science/Modeling, Product, Engineering, Finance, and Executive teams; take the lead to achieve shared goals
- Business Judgment and Integrity: You are a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, and responsible approach to our business
- Executive Communication Skills: Impeccable written and oral communication skills, and the ability to drive agreement through the use of the combination of data and interpersonal skills
- Results-Oriented: Intensely focus on achieving short term and long term goals; able to attain measurable results in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantitative field such as Math/Statistics, Engineering, or Economics
- 3-4 years credit risk analytics experience, of which 1-2 years was in a management capacity
- Deep understanding of consumer finance, subprime or near-subprime credit, and/or unsecured lending
- Strong analytical and technical skills (SQL, Excel), with experience working with very large datasets
- Some experience with big data platforms or programming (Python, Machine Learning, Hadoop, R, SAS)
- Strong verbal written and communication skills, strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work autonomously under tight timelines
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with the ability to adapt to change and re-prioritize
- Living or working experience in emerging markets (specifically East Africa, SE Asia/Philippines, Latin America)
- Experience with Android app technology or telecom
- Experience with unsecured consumer/small business loan or line management analytics, particularly within deep subprime segments
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala (formerly InVenture) builds mobile products that help creditworthy individuals in emerging markets validate their financial identities and get access to fair credit to advance their businesses and families. Tala is providing choice and control to individuals around the world when it comes to their financial identity.
Tala is backed by Data Collective (DCVC), Lowercase Capital (Chris Sacca), Google Ventures, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture & impact investors. Fast Company ranked InVenture as the World’s Most Innovative Money Company in 2015 and our work has been highlighted by Wired UK, Forbes, the Economist, Vodafone, TED and many others.