We’re looking for an experienced Compliance Officer to provide oversight and support in order to ensure compliance of our financial corporation registered with the SEC with all the applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML), data privacy and consumer protection.
Tala is a world leader in providing direct loans and financial services in emerging markets. We are a global team with diverse backgrounds who are singularly focused on using technology, data, and customer-centric approach to meet the financial needs of the 2+ billion people of the emerging global middle class.
- Interfacing with regulators, having long-term relationships with them; giving a heads up on changing regulations.
- Advising the Expansion, Operations and Business Development Teams about how the activities of the local financial company must comply with laws, regulations, and international best practices in order to create an environment where controls, compliance, and ethics are at the heart of the business.
- Embedding and continuous improvement of the governance, compliance and controls framework and mindset in the business, based on a thorough understanding of the strategic, financial, compliance, reputational and operational risks faced by the market.
- Creating standardized processes which include:
- AML/ KYC measures/ procedures;
- Usury caps and tenure; Collection practice and servicing;
- Data usage and sharing constraints.
- A minimum of 10 years of compliance experience in a financial institution;
- Knowledge of KYC, AML measures/ procedures is a must;
- Experience working in the Philippines;
- A Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s desired;
- Compliance certification in the industry.
- Analytical, investigative, decision-making skills;
- Knowledge of business and organizational law should be able to conduct research and write thorough reports covering their findings;
- Certified Professional Compliance Officer (CPCO) or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in/ with lending companies, FinTech, and/ or telecommunication companies;
- Fluent in English and a local language;
- Legal and/ or finance experience/ exposure.
Tala (formerly Mkopo Rahisi) builds mobile products that help creditworthy individuals in emerging markets validate their financial identities and get access to fair credit to advance their businesses and families. Using a simple Android device, we are able to determine an individual’s financial ability and send and receive all funds instantly via mobile money.
Tala is backed by Data Collective (DCVC), Lowercase Capital (Chris Sacca), Google Ventures, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture & impact investors. Fast Company ranked InVenture as the World’s Most Innovative Money Company in 2015 and our work has been highlighted by Wired UK, Forbes, the Economist, Vodafone, TED and many others.