We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who happens to have a passion in testing and quality assurance. You will help plan, estimate, coordinate, and automate testing activities for our financial platform that is serving millions of users across the world. You will also work with product managers, developers, and customer service agents to ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Perform thorough regression/smoke tests before code deployments
- Design, develop, and execute automated test harnesses around Android application and Backend APIs
- Write scripts and perform load tests against Backend servers
- Contribute to continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Work with customer service, product, and development teams to identify and track bugs
- Review requirements specifications and provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Experience - 4+ years experience in Software Engineering in Test role
- Detailed oriented - keen eye for details ranging from copy to pixels. Ability to communicate those details to others and translate to specs
- Team player - enjoy working closely with engineers, product managers, and cross-functional teams
- Initiative - highly motivated and self-disciplined. You can work independently and be productive
- Startup ready - Excellent ability to prioritize and communication in a fast pace environment
Preferred Skills & Requirements:
- Experience working in Agile development process (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban)
- Experience building test automation (Java, TestNG, Robolectric, Espresso, Appium, AWS Device Farm, Jenkins, Shell Scripting, Linux, Mac OS)
- Java - 2+ years writing production Java code
- Computer Science degree
- Experience working closely with remote team members in different timezones
Tala (formerly InVenture) builds mobile products that help creditworthy individuals in emerging markets validate their financial identities and get access to fair credit to advance their businesses and families. Tala is providing choice and control to individuals around the world when it comes to their financial identity.
Tala is backed by Data Collective (DCVC), Lowercase Capital (Chris Sacca), Google Ventures, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture & impact investors. Fast Company ranked InVenture as the World’s Most Innovative Money Company in 2015 and our work has been highlighted by Wired UK, Forbes, the Economist, Vodafone, TED and many others.