We’re looking for a Software Architect Engineer to architect and implement core components of our platform and scale it to serve millions of users across the world. The technical scope of the project is broad and calls for technical expertise across a wide range of problem domains.
- You will architect and implement substantial portions of the full-stack infrastructure (both frontend and backend).
- You will tackle scalability challenges as the infrastructure grows to support increasing user base.
- You will mentor and grow junior engineers on best practices and code efficiency.
- You will have the opportunity to code using cutting-edge platforms and interacing with our data science team.
- Technical Leader - you love new technology and always strive for the most fundamentally sound architecture and solution.
- Detailed-oriented- you are a proven developer who values clean and efficient code, and always goes into the weeds to find the root cause of problems.
- Translator- you have experience working closely with product managers, cross-functional teams, and customers to translate requirements into technical design.
- Solutions-driven- you have experience thinking out loud to create the best solutions to complex, tricky problems, using the latest technical methodologies/processes.
- Craftsmanship - you treat software development as a professional craft and constantly practice your skills.
- 6+ years experience working on both frontend and backend software using modern languages and frameworks (GO, Scala, Python, Play, Django, AngularJS, React).
- Advanced degree in Computer Science and/or Math.
- Solid experience in building prototypes to help validate business assumptions.
- Expert proficiency in Agile development process.
- Expert knowledge in API development for mobile/web use.
- Strong relational database experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MS SQL).
Preferred skills & experience:
- Highly motivated and self disciplined.
- Architected and built large scale platforms from scratch.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals.
- Excellent ability to prioritize and communicate in a fast-paced environment.
- Bonus:Experience in predictive analysis and machine learning.
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala (formerly InVenture) builds mobile products that help creditworthy individuals in emerging markets validate their financial identities and get access to fair credit to advance their businesses and families. Tala is providing choice and control to individuals around the world when it comes to their financial identity.
Tala is backed by Data Collective (DCVC), Lowercase Capital (Chris Sacca), Google Ventures, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture & impact investors. Fast Company ranked InVenture as the World’s Most Innovative Money Company in 2015 and our work has been highlighted by Wired UK, Forbes, the Economist, Vodafone, TED and many others.