Private Division is a developer-focused publisher that empowers studios to develop the games that they are passionate about creating, while providing the support that they need to make their titles critically and commercially successful on a global scale. As a new division of Take-Two Interactive Software, the label publishes Kerbal Space Program, has released Ancestors with Panache Digital Games and The Outer Worlds with Obsidian Entertainment, and will publish the upcoming title Disintegration with V1 Interactive along with other unannounced partnerships. Private Division is headquartered in New York City with offices in Seattle, Munich, and Las Vegas. We are growing our capabilities to allow us to continue bringing great games to players and are looking for a new member of our team near Seattle, WA.
Kerbal Space Program 2 is the much-anticipated sequel to the beloved Kerbal Space Program, the game that launched a thousand aerospace careers. We’re extending the game in every possible direction -- forward into a future of space colonization and next-gen technology, upward to new star systems, and outward in demographic reach. KSP2’s gorgeous and beguiling universe combines with a radically improved user experience to attract and foster new players while satisfying existing fans’ appetites for new challenges. We’re also bringing a new social dimension to the game with an all-new multiplayer experience, allowing friends to collaboratively build an interstellar civilization. We believe that by preserving and extending the magic of the original game, a new generation of fans will be given a chance to fall in love with the fearless, ever-curious Kerbals as they explore the cosmos.
As a SDET on our team, you will be responsible for writing code, scripts, test plans, and creating tools that allow us to validate the quality and performance of our game software across multiple platforms, while working as a peer among a team of engineering professionals. You are a clear and crisp communicator, and a team player, with a passion to learn and grow your engineering skills. You will work across the Design, Content, and Engineering teams to develop both automated and manual tests, processes, and metrics gathering/visualization tools to ensure that we deliver stable, performant, and consistently improving software that meets all requirements. You will demonstrate good practices in code reviews and documentation and will deliver amazing software that drives us to shipping a game that our players will love.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Ability to write software in C#, C++, or an equivalent OO Language.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to work closely and professionally with a team of peers.
- Solid knowledge of and experience with software test frameworks and fundamental software testing methodologies.
- Familiarity with the Unity Game Engine.
- Familiarity with developing for game consoles, such as the Xbox and Playstation platforms.
- Familiarity with Lua, or an equivalent scripting language or modding platform for games.
- Familiarity with metrics gathering, analysis, and display software.
- A passion for space exploration, rocketry, satellites, and related entertainment media.