The Leave Manager is an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful, forward-thinking, videogame company with close to 6,000 employees worldwide. As part of a growing, dynamic team, this role is responsible for managing all aspects of the company’s time off and leave programs in the US and Canada, supporting HR partners and approximately 2,500 employees.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Ensure leave requests and approvals are processed accurately and timely
- Record and track each leave in Workday
- Calculate the paid leave benefit for Payroll to process
- As subject matter expert, respond to all employee and HR Partner questions
- Act as liaison between HR Partners and Payroll
- Coordinate with Legal on development and maintenance of all policies and procedures
Manage Time Off and Leave Policies and Programs:
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Parental Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty
- Military Leave (Paid and Unpaid)
- Personal Leaves
- Statutory Paid Family Medical Leave
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Workers’ Compensation
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Intermittent Leaves
- Return-to-Work Arrangements
- Administrative Leaves
Policies and Procedures:
- Work with Legal and other teams to create, own, interpret, and update policies and procedures
- Know all applicable processes, procedures, and regulations related to time off and leaves
- Stay abreast of legislative changes and update policies and procedures as necessary, with guidance from Legal
- Communicate legislative changes to internal stakeholders, and work with vendors to make necessary changes
- Do OSHA and other required reporting and posting
- Respond to government agency inquiries and mandatory surveys
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Create time off and leave training materials for HR Partners, people managers, and employees
- Train and do refresher training for HR partners and people managers on time off and leave policies and procedures, including Workday & Cigna processes and functionality
- Process all leave requests that come through Workday within two business days
- Verify FMLA and other leave type eligibility
- Keep complete records of all leave requests and maintain accurate tracking in Workday
- Complete STD, NY PFL, CA PFL, CA SDI, Workers’ Comp and all other leave-related forms
- Coordinate return-to-work, and, in partnership with Legal, assist with accommodation requests per ADAAA
- Ensure employees on Workers’ Compensation are appropriately included in the leave process
- Follow up with all stakeholders throughout the life of the leave for each employee
- Bill employees on unpaid leaves for cost of benefits
- Assist with employees’ return-to-work needs
- Determine extent to which each employee on leave wants to use PTO to top-up pay
- Calculate pay for employees on leave and provide to Payroll
- Verify statutory benefits paid to ensure employees are paid accurately and timely
- Verify pay results in Workday
Centralized Support for Company Stakeholders:
- Serve as resource for Payroll team
- Support HR and managers in administration of leaves and answering employee questions
- Assist internal and external legal counsel on navigating complexities and ensuring compliance changes are implemented
- Create and distribute forms, letters, and other communication materials
- Define time off and leave requirements for HR Technology, oversee testing, implementation, and integration files
- Lead program development and ongoing strategic projects with support from Benefits, Payroll, HR Technology, Legal, local HR, and managers
- Manage disability, leave, and Workers’ Comp vendors
- Develop metrics
- Report and analyze stats regarding leaves, including impact of wellbeing program
- Minimum of 8 years of time off and leave management experience at employers with offices in New York, California, and Canada.
- Proven experience with all items listed in Job Responsibilities section.
- Knowledge of various different leave management models.
- Experience working with major insurance companies and leave management vendors.
- Understanding of all applicable statutory regulations, filings, and compliance obligations related to time off and leaves.
- Exceptional high-touch customer service and follow-up skills.
- Understanding of, and sensitivity to, work location and label cultural differences.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, and vendor management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and take ownership of keeping track of and closing out open items.
- High level of proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and HRIS.
- Understanding of benefit plan configuration in HRIS, sending integration files to and from benefit plan vendors is required. Experience with Workday is a plus.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment with remote stakeholders in different time zones.
- Capable of effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines. Project management experience is a plus.
- Strong track record of identifying and implementing process improvement.