Job Title: UK PR Intern
Department: 2K Marketing
Reports to: Senior PR Manager, UK
Location: Windsor/Central London, UK
To strengthen and support the UK PR team, assisting with our game campaigns as well as day to day press office tasks. Our aim is to ensure audiences know that our games are releasing, be excited to play them and ultimately drive awareness of our titles.
The role will support news announcements and asset releases, execution of PR elements within our marketing and communication plans, research, planning, reporting and attending relevant events in the UK, as well as various day to day administrative support.
This is an entry level, UK market focused, 44 week fixed term role in PR, with excellent scope for personal development.
- Work closely with the PR team and our agencies to assist in the delivery of 2K’s campaigns
- Support the PR team with press release and asset dissemination to media outlets as required
- Collate PR coverage and assist in the production of our reports
- Maintain, update and expand our media database and outreach across both traditional and new media outlets
- Keep abreast of media updates, market developments and competitor activity in the UK
- Lead research tasks as required
- Support PR and social teams at UK events
- Provide general administrative support to the UK PR Managers where required
Building and Developing Relationships:
- Become a 2K Ambassador and be a proactive team member within the 2K organisation
- Build, maintain and cultivate a good working relationship with all 2K UK partners
- Forge a close relationship with the Take-Two sales team and the 2K Global Go to Market Communications and Marketing teams
- Studying a degree within PR/Communications or a related subject area – or ability to provide evidence to suggest this is a key interest vertical via involvement in extra-curricular activities (for example, personal gaming blog or involvement in student media)
- Enthusiastic and passionate about video games
- Passion for PR, media, social and marketing
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy in recording information and reporting
- Strong ability to multi-task and work with short deadlines
- A commitment to and availability to travel to events in the UK if and when required
- Proficient IT skills and a solid understanding of word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint/slides and e-mail systems
- Diplomatic communicator, sensitive to cultural differences
- Previous work experience in a publicity, media or creative industry is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
- Organised, reliable and good timekeeping
- Self-motivated, keen to learn and a can-do attitude
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes global interactive entertainment for console and handheld gaming systems, personal computers and mobile devices, with product availability including physical retail and digital download. The Company is home to many talented development studios, including Visual Concepts, Firaxis Games, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games, 2K Silicon Valley and Cloud Chamber. 2K’s portfolio currently includes the renowned BioShock®, Borderlands™, Mafia and XCOM® franchises; NBA® 2K, the global phenomenon and highest rated* annual sports title for the current console generation; the critically acclaimed Sid Meier’s Civilization® series; the popular WWE® 2K and WWE® SuperCard franchises, as well as emerging properties NBA® 2K Playgrounds 2, Carnival Games and more. Additional information about 2K and its products may be found at 2k.com.
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products through its two wholly-owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K. Our products are designed for console systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at http://www.take2games.com.
133 people work at our Windsor office in International Marketing, QA localisation and testing, Sales, IT, Finance, legal and HR Departments
Please be aware that we are excited to be moving from Windsor to brand new offices in Central London towards the end of the year! Please do therefore only proceed with an application if you would be happy to commute to Central London once we have relocated.