Who We Are
Take-Two develops and publishes some of the world's biggest games. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program, Outer Worlds, and Ancestors, in partnership with leading independent developers.
Take 2 Direct to Consumer
The Direct to Consumer team is a (well-funded) startup within Take-Two. We have offices in San Francisco and Vancouver, while creating a culture that enables remote work. We're building a commerce and distribution platform for our game labels. We're creating this from the ground up to support our studios. Our team is small and agile – we deploy to production constantly. We user test every week and focus on automation. We believe in giving our studios the flexibility they need to create the world's greatest games, so we plan to offer UI, SDKs, and GraphQL interfaces for our services. We focus on working software over Powerpoint.
Partner engineers apply engineering skills and business savvy to solve challenges in game development. Engineers support game developers, both internal and third-party studios, with integrating platform features like commerce services, social, and authentication. You’ll learn different tech stacks and languages. Partner engineers are the eyes and ears of the D2C organization, listening to game teams’ goals and challenges, and bringing these learnings back to the rest of the organization. As a partner engineer, you’ll:
- Deeply understand the Take-Two Gaming Platform tech stack and its underlying implementation.
- Work closely with game teams and labels to integrate with our gaming platform, answering support questions, writing reference implementations, and supporting their development.
- Create and improve our platform in collaboration with the D2C product engineering teams.
- Write and ship reliable, scalable and efficient code.
- Develop tools and documentation to help us scale our platform products.
- Represent our products, API and tools in partner meetings and industry events like GDC and E3.
- Travel ~10% of the time.
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer building and shipping products, or equivalent experience.
- A. / B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree experience.
- Experience with contributing to the development community (Stack Overflow, conferences, events, meetups, blogs, etc.)
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms, such as AWS, GCP.
- Comfort with communicating with people.