Who We Are
Take-Two develops and publishes some of the world's biggest games. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program and will publish upcoming titles with Obsidian Entertainment, Panache Digital Games and more.
Take-Two Direct to Consumer
The Direct to Consumer team is a (well-funded) startup within Take-Two. We're launching a San Francisco office while creating a culture that enables remote work. We're building a commerce and distribution platform for our game labels. We're creating this from the ground up to support our studios. Our team is small and agile – we deploy to production constantly. We user test every week and focus on automation. We believe in giving our studios the flexibility they need to create the world's greatest games, so we plan to offer UI, SDKs, and GraphQL interfaces for our services. We focus on working software over Powerpoint.
- Provide technical leadership and contribute to the core team that powers our backend services for millions of concurrent users.
- Build and own the core systems that form the architecture of our backend services from api gateways, service observability and inter-service communications to higher level business components like identity, commerce, and analytics systems just to name a few.
- Drive the qualitative aspects of the backend services, like performance, scalability, observability, reliability and security and so on.
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers, supporting their career and technical development.
- Create a culture obsessed with performance and gamer experience.
- Support multiple titles, with various levels of technical maturity, in integrating our services.
- Work with product management, design, and other technology teams to develop a long-term roadmap.
- 8+ years of professional experience, with proven track record of shipping highly scalable and robust large-scale distributed backend systems.
- Strong experience in one or more of the following languages for backend development: Java, Go, C#, C++, Python.
- Experience in designing and building high performance and highly fault tolerant and secure distributed systems.
- Experience in designing APIs that you’d be happy to support forever.
- Experience with large scale distributed databases.
- Experience in building and deploying systems on top of AWS and/or GCP.
- Self-starter, self-driven to produce results and continually improve.
- Experience and comfortable in supporting a live service environment.
- Able to lead and work with a distributed team.
- BA / MS degree in computer science or a related field.