ABOUT GHOST STORY GAMES
Ghost Story Games (formerly known as Irrational Games) is a self-publishing game studio owned by Take-Two Interactive. Our mission is simple: to create immersive, story-driven video games for people who love games that ask something of them.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Narrative Scripter works closely with the Narrative team. In this role, you will be helping to organize, implement and maintain voice assets and related content for the current project. Additionally, you will be expected to script narrative events in game, participate in narrative design meetings, and provide feedback on the overall narrative design of the game.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work on a creatively ambitious project in the immersive sim genre.
- A world-class team of less than 40 people. We are committed to making games that we judge by quality, not arbitrary timeliness. We are proud to be home to some of the most talented, smartest, nicest and hardest-working colleagues. We make mistakes sometimes, but we help each other by finding mistakes early and depending on each other to fix them quickly.
- Open Communication: Our team members are welcome to join any meeting, and we have a mostly flat structure. Do you have a question or a concern? Just walk up (or Slack) anyone and ask! Team-based decision making is important to us, regardless of your position – every opinion counts and is considered.
- The Space: We love our studio space and all the comfortable perks that come with it, such as a fully stocked kitchen (drinks, fruit, snacks, breakfast food), plenty of shops, restaurants, services and urgent care within walking distance, a game room, a quiet room, outdoor deck, free parking, public transportation connections including the Amtrak train into Boston + NY and maybe, just maybe, we have a bathysphere whiskey bar.
- Free Merchandise: Every new employee is welcomed with an onboarding swag package to make sure they blend right in. Additionally, each of our team members can expect to receive a new merchandise item every time one goes live in our fan store. For fans of other Take-Two studios, there is a discounted employee store where you can find the latest games and swag from our sister studios.
- On-Site Support: Our world-class IT and Operations teams make sure that you get what you need to do what you do best. They keep us working, fed, hydrated and happy. Full team-catered lunches for new employee welcomes or significant team meetings? Receiving your online shopping orders? Getting you an aspirin when needed? They have your back!
Great Place to Work® has certified our workplace culture. At Ghost Story Games, 100 percent of employees say their workplace is great.
- Work across disciplines to support and improve every phase of the voice asset pipeline.
- Design and implement rules and conditions for triggering narrative content in game.
- Implementation & scripting of various narrative beats.
- Provide objective design feedback on narrative documentation.
- 5+ years of development experience in the game industry with recent hands-on implementation experience.
- At least one shipped title recognized for its strong narrative and/or mission design, to which you have contributed.
- Have worked on projects throughout the entire production cycle, from conception through ship.
- Ability to work independently to diagnose and solve problems.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
- Unreal 4 Blueprint scripting experience.
- Experience in content design middleware like articy:draft.
- Experience in production content management pipelines.
- Passion for narrative first-person shooters.
WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
Please have played or at least be familiar with our legacy games System Shock 2, BioShock and BioShock Infinite. View this video from Ken Levine’s 2014 GDC talk which explains some of the game we’re working on, on a high level.