ABOUT GHOST STORY GAMES
Ghost Story Games (formerly known as Irrational Games) is a self-publishing game studio owned by Take-Two Interactive. Our mission is simple: to create immersive, story-driven video games for people who love games that ask something of them.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate for the producer role has owned areas of production for one or more PC and/or console titles in the shooter, RPG or strategy genres. They can construct useful schedules with minimal impact to developers and can drive these schedules while identifying issues before they become problems.
The candidate must be empathetic with the player, pushing for a quality game experience and translating that drive into efficient and effective pipelines. Experience owning a major area of production or specific features is required for this role. The ability to communicate clearly and build lasting relationships within the team is a must.
The producer we are looking for is intimately aware of various production methodologies, but also knows when to apply or stray from the beaten path if the situation requires it to get a better outcome.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work on a creatively ambitious project in the immersive sim genre.
- A world-class team of less than 40 people. We are committed to making games that we judge by quality, not arbitrary timeliness. We are proud to be home to some of the most talented, smartest, nicest and hardest-working colleagues. We make mistakes sometimes, but we help each other by finding mistakes early and depending on each other to fix them quickly.
- Open Communication: Our team members are welcome to join any meeting, and we have a mostly flat structure. Do you have a question or a concern? Just walk up (or Slack) anyone and ask! Team-based decision making is important to us, regardless of your position – every opinion counts and is considered.
- The Space: We love our studio space and all the comfortable perks that come with it, such as a fully stocked kitchen (drinks, fruit, snacks, breakfast food), plenty of shops, restaurants, services and urgent care within walking distance, a game room, a quiet room, outdoor deck, free parking, public transportation connections including the Amtrak train into Boston + NY and maybe, just maybe, we have a bathysphere whiskey bar.
- Free Merchandise: Every new employee is welcomed with an onboarding swag package to make sure they blend right in. Additionally, each of our team members can expect to receive a new merchandise item every time one goes live in our fan store. For fans of other Take-Two studios, there is a discounted employee store where you can find the latest games and swag from our sister studios.
- On-Site Support: Our world-class IT and Operations teams make sure that you get what you need to do what you do best. They keep us working, fed, hydrated and happy. Full team-catered lunches for new employee welcomes or significant team meetings? Receiving your online shopping orders? Getting you an aspirin when needed? They have your back!
Great Place to Work® has certified our workplace culture. At Ghost Story Games, 100 percent of employees say their workplace is great.
- Manage the game production and pipeline of our next game’s narrative and other key features and development teams throughout all production phases.
- Schedule and maintain day-to-day tasking of departmental and interdisciplinary teams.
- Facilitate cross-discipline communication and provide regular team-wide updates.
- Prepare and provide regular reports on the status of owned production areas, including recommendations to ensure development goals are satisfied.
- Proactively identify productivity issues and dependency problems when encountered and propose and implement solutions for resolution.
- Understand and communicate issues facing various types of gameplay, artistic and technical considerations in order to identify and drive solutions within the team.
- Comprehend any changes in scope, priority or direction, and holistically understand and articulate the knock-on effects throughout development.
- Coordinate with the quality-assurance team to ensure agreed-upon workflow and management of bug databases, including establishment of priorities for resolution of bugs.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Producer.
- Shipped at least one title on a development team through all phases of production.
- Outstanding communications, project management and relationship-building skills.
- Strong knowledge of the game market and gaming platforms.
- Ability to create and maintain project schedules and milestone documentation, monitoring the progress of department milestones and individual tasks against those schedules.
- Proven experience producing and managing cross-functional creative development teams and resources while meeting quality and schedule goals.
- Familiarity with traditional production-management techniques.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multitask.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel), Hansoft, Jira, Confluence and other project-tracking and bug-database software.
- Passion for narrative first-person shooters a plus.
WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
Please have played or at least be familiar with our legacy games System Shock 2, BioShock and BioShock Infinite. View this video from Ken Levine’s 2014 GDC talk which explains some of the game we’re working on, on a high level.