Private Division is a developer-focused publisher that empowers independent studios to develop the games that they are passionate about creating, while providing the support that they need to make their titles critically and commercially successful on a global scale. Announced as a new division of Take-Two Interactive Software, the label publishes Kerbal Space Program and will publish upcoming titles with renowned creative talent at studios including Obsidian Entertainment, Panache Digital Games, V1 Interactive, and more. Private Division is headquartered in New York City with offices in Seattle, Munich, and Las Vegas. This is a unique opportunity for a skilled and experienced Producer to help build a new business backed by one of the best companies in the industry.
The Senior Producer will be a vital part of the core Production team, supporting multiple 3rd party developers and be involved in all aspects of game development from concept through release. This role will be capable of taking charge of multiple, highly-complex development projects, and be ultimately accountable for shipping products on-time and to standards of the highest quality. The Senior Producer will support the VP of Production and act as a liaison between the development teams and the internal and external services Private Division will use to help bring these games to market.
- Manage multiple projects and franchises simultaneously at different stages of development from concept to completion while acting as the product’s champion to partners.
- Lead and liaise with teams to meet production schedules and maintain a coherent creative vision throughout the entire development life cycle.
- Serve as a resource to development studios, assisting them in the resolution of problems.
- Support the strategic planning and budgeting processes for our portfolio of game.
- Support development teams during each phase of development and drive the final phases of production with release management and QA.
- Play a key role in new business development, to include using your network to help identify and close game publishing deals with the world’s best developers.
- Develop product budgets and schedules and maintain budget forecasts, anticipating, identifying and resolving overruns, and using current project management techniques and tools.
- Is able to assist and drive back-end processes such as Games as a Service / Live Operations, Release Management or Technical Developer Assessment as needed for your projects.
- Assist with recruiting and interviewing candidates for positions within studios, as well as for new roles with Private Division.
- Potentially mentor and oversee more junior staff members and contribute to how production is defined as a core discipline.
- Travel, both domestic and international, is required.
- Coordinate with industry first parties (e.g. Valve, Sony and Microsoft) seeing projects from concept through to Gold Master.
- A deep desire to learn and contribute to the creation of a new business initiative.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of experience in game development and has shipped at least 2 titles for PC or console.
- Experience with the console game submission process.
- A love and understanding of games and what it takes to make them amid the chaos of development.
- Experience with production processes and methodologies including Agile, SCRUM and waterfall.
- Able to win and maintain the respect from outside development teams through thoughtful input and perseverance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as time and project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and/or other meaningful project management toolset.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and communicate with all product development disciplines.
- A demonstrated understanding of the games industry and marketplace, both in the AAA and independent spheres.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with vendors and other external resources.
- Expected to identify and then take ownership of any responsibilities that lie within the scope of projects that are not currently assigned.