ABOUT GHOST STORY GAMES
Ghost Story Games (formerly known as Irrational Games) is a self-publishing game studio owned by Take-Two Interactive. Our mission is simple: to create immersive, story-driven videogames for people who love games that ask something of them.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Ghost Story Games is looking for someone to fill a Helpdesk support-role, carry out company-wide software and hardware projects, and keep track of company hardware and software. The person in this role is expected to be a proactive self-starter who helps to keep the company’s studio secure and productive.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work on a creatively ambitious project in the immersive sim genre.
- A world-class team. We are proud to be home to some of the most talented, smartest, nicest and hardest-working colleagues. We make mistakes sometimes, but we help each other by finding mistakes early and depending on each other to fix them quickly.
- We are a core development team of just under 40 people and work closely with specialist outsource groups and contractors when necessary.
- Open Communication: Our team members are welcome to join any meeting, and we have a flat structure. Do you have a question or a concern? Just walk up to anyone and ask! Team-based decision making is important to us, regardless of your position – every opinion counts and is considered.
- The Space: We love our studio space and all the comfortable perks that come with it, such as a fully stocked kitchen (drinks, fruit, snacks, breakfast food), plenty of shops, restaurants, services and urgent care within walking distance, a game room, a quiet room, outdoor deck, free parking, public transportation connections including the Amtrak train into Boston + NY and maybe, just maybe, we have a bathysphere whiskey bar.
- Free Merchandise: Every new employee is welcomed with an onboarding swag package to make sure they blend right in. Additionally, each of our team members can expect to receive a new merchandise item every time one goes live in our fan store. For fans of other Take-Two studios, there is a discounted employee store where you can find the latest games and swag from our sister studios.
- On-Site Support: Our world-class IT and Operations teams make sure that you get what you need to do what you do best. They keep us working, fed, hydrated and happy. Full team-catered lunches for new employee welcomes or significant team meetings? Receiving your online shopping orders? Getting you an aspirin when needed? They have your back!
Great Place to Work® has certified our workplace culture. At Ghost Story Games, 100 percent of employees say their workplace is great.
- Provide support to end users, both local and remote, on all IT hardware and software issues.
- Install, configure and maintain local IT hardware and software in accordance with existing policies and procedures.
- Identify the root cause of hardware and software failures and provide corrective action to rectify the problem.
- Identify solutions that will reduce or eliminate the recurrence of hardware and software problems.
- Timely resolution of helpdesk tickets.
- Answer queries and provide OS and application support to end users.
- Conduct proactive maintenance.
- Assist in the development of and adhere to standardized hardware and software installation and support procedures.
- Make suggestions for upgrades and timely replacement of hardware and software packages across the company.
- Maintain asset database and carry out regular hardware and software audits.
- Document and maintain accurate installation and procedure guides.
- Ability to work calmly in high pressure situations and manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility in schedule and willingness to support the studio outside of work hours.
- Ability to work independently, using your own initiative.
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy in recording and reporting.
- Discipline in meeting deadlines, and ability to pick up new skills quickly.
- 5 or more years of diverse IT experience, with significant experience in supporting end users and administering desktops in DevOps environments.
- Extensive experience in administration of Windows, desktops and applications.
- Experience with supporting Perforce Helix.
- Experience with SCCM.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting.
- Strong knowledge of Networking, Microsoft systems and applications.
- A passion for games, very team-oriented, a love of multitasking and a high standard of work.
- Experience with A/V for meeting rooms and video conferencing equipment is a plus.
- IT experience in software development, the games industry, or other digital media (e.g., animated feature films, motion-picture visual effects or broadcast media) is a plus.
- MCSE certified or equivalent experience is highly desirable.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and willing to relocate to the Boston area.
WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
Please have played or at least be familiar with our legacy games System Shock 2, BioShock and BioShock Infinite.
View this video from Ken Levine’s 2014 GDC talk which explains the high-level concept for the game we’re working on.