Takealot.com, South Africa’s leading online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Test Automation Specialist (Backend) - Logistics to join our team in either Cape Town, Stellenbosch or Johannesburg.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us!
Think you’ve been challenged before? Think again!
- Scale: Over 2.5 million happy shoppers shop online on takealot.com. Show them what you can do.
- Learn: We work with the best of the best, and then some. Code alongside industry leaders and upskill in record time.
- Grow: Expand your career in the fast-growing Takealot Group: takealot.com, Superbalist.com and Mr D Food. We like to promote from within: Here’s your chance.
Who’s who in the tech space
Work closely with the Test Lead to ensure quality is implemented as part of the processes and that quality standards are adhered to.
This role will be responsible for the maintenance and ongoing development of the automation solutions as well as the script coverage that supports the various teams in takealot.com. The Automation Specialist will be responsible for contributing and supporting the solutions in the engineering teams that will allow us to continue to release at pace, with confidence and with excellent quality.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
- Raise development quality by developing processes and best practices for testing in Dev teams
- Improve and automate test strategies.
- Develop and execute automated test cases to diagnose issues and bugs, creating test data when required.
- Identify,design, develop, execute and maintain automation scripts / code.
- Implement automation framework with continuous integration/deployment covering UI, API, unit, DB and integration tests.
- Identify testing deficiencies and subsequently implementing automated tests based on their requirements
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Increase code coverage across the team’s technology stack
- Develop status reports based on test completion/findings and communicate these to team leaders including any impact on the overall project plan.
- Mentoring and guiding the test team on test approaches and automation suite.
The skills we need:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to understand and critique requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to promote cooperation between a developer, Technical project managers, and QA team.
- Flexibility to learn new technologies and explore new tools with ease
- Flexible and adaptable for changing priorities or circumstances.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering and a minimum of 3 years of Test Automation experience in a software/technology environment is required.
- In the event that a candidate does not have a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Diploma (in Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering), an equivalent experience requirement must be met, which equates to a minimum of 6 years of Test Automation experience in a software/technology environment.
- Experience managing testing throughout the SDLC (development testing, unit/integration testing, API testing, performance testing, system testing, and regression testing, etc..)
- Experience in testing multiple platforms, including desktop, web and mobile-based systems
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies and processes.
- Strong experience with Python, Java, C# and/or other OOP programming languages
- Experience with automation of event driven systems e.g. Kafka
- Understands web services (REST) and underlying protocols (HTTP/S, TCP/IP).
- Hands-on experience with API testing tools and frameworks Pytest, Robot, Postman, SOAPUI, etc
- Experience with unit test frameworks PyUnit, JUnit, NUnit, etc...
- Strong knowledge of databases and scripting using MySQL and / or SQL.
- Experience on writing test documentation such as test plans and test cases depending upon the project
- Experience using configuration management and version control using GIT or SVN.
- Experience in using test management tools such as Xray, Tesflo
- Experience in using bug tracking tools such as Jira
- Experience with Jenkins, Team City, Travis CI or another Continuous Integration application will be an advantage.
- Experience testing and administering in Linux and/or other Unix environments will be an advantage.
- Experience in installing, upgrading, configuring and verifying (smoke tests) virtualized testing environments (VMs) Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant, etc…
- Basic understanding of backend logistics systems highly advantageous
Let’s talk about life @ Takealot Group
- The power is in your hands: We offer a market-related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs. Go on, be the master of your own destiny.
- No doors: We aren’t fans of stuffy offices or siloed work environments. See someone you like? High five, collab and make something great.
- Remote working: Love water cooler chats and working from home? Takealot.com offers a hybrid working model for the best of both worlds.
- Mentorship programme: We aren’t kidding when we say the people with the best people win. Now’s your chance to be one of the best, by learning from the best.
- Naspers Tech Community & Online Learning: Share ideas and grow with global industry leaders who are all just a Slack message away. Love to learn? Up-skill with free access to courses on MyAcademy, Udacity, Coursera and more.
- Good times: Get to know the other extraordinary minds at takealot.com during regular social events and out-of-office activities (think hikes, think mini golf, think good times).
- Staff discount. Millions of products across 28 departments. What more could you ask for?
- Birthday leave: Cake Day all the way. Enjoy your day off - you deserve it.
- Right tools, right job: Mac or Windows, two monitors or one. Whatever your preference, you’ll work on the latest tech, off the latest tech.
- Help when you need it most: Confidential counselling, legal support and financial guidance, for free, anytime, anywhere.
- Tech stack (for days): ReactJS, Python, Scala, Kotlin, Swift, Google Cloud, Kafka, Redis, Kubernetes and all things machine learning. If you build it, they will come.
- Free parking: No more 5km fun runs to your desk (unless you want to).
Like what you see?
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind. Apply today!!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.