Mr D Food, a 100% subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a talented, motivated and results-oriented Restaurant Device Support Associate.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Device Support Lead of Mr D Food.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the restaurant device asset register.
- Managing the logistics process of getting devices to and from restaurants.
- Managing the warranty and repairs process with our service provider.
- Providing second level device support on tickets raised by restaurants or Mr D Food’s account management and support teams.
- Provisioning ready-to-use devices in accordance with restaurant integration timelines
- Performing software and firmware updates on all or individual devices.
- Identifying device connectivity problems and deciding on connection enhancing activities.
- Investigation and minimisation of order exceptions due to system failure and escalating performance issues to our service provider and the Mr D Food developers.
- Feeding device-monitoring requirements, device SOPs into Mr D Food’s Restaurant Support Team.
- Maintaining an overview of key SLA metrics and escalating performance failure.
- Attention to detail in a high-pressure environment
- Strong analytical ability supported by Excel skills
- Ability to identify areas of improvement
- Ability to use logic and common sense to arrive at conclusions
- Ability to verbalize as well as visualize findings and results
- Enterprising spirit and ability to take ownership of tasks
- An interest in e-commerce
- Strong team player
- You will work with Mr D Food’s operations team and report to the Restaurant Device Manager of Mr D Food, who you will work with hand-in-hand. Your regular points of contact are the Mr D Food Restaurant on-boarding, Sales, Customer Services and Engineering Teams.
Qualifications and Experience
- Higher education or certification in applicable disciplines is beneficial.
- 1-3 years work experience in a system administration, help desk, POS support, logistics or operations environment.
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Mr D Food is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.