Takealot.com, South Africa’s leading online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Software Engineer (Full Stack) to join our team in Cape Town, Stellenbosch or Johannesburg.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us!
Think you’ve been challenged before? Think again!
- Scale: Over 2.5 million happy shoppers shop online on takealot.com. Show them what you can do.
- Learn: We work with the best of the best, and then some. Code alongside industry leaders and upskill in record time.
- Grow: Expand your career in the fast-growing Takealot Group: takealot.com, Superbalist.com and Mr D Food. We like to promote from within: Here’s your chance.
Who’s who in the tech space
The position reports to the Engineering Team Lead
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
- Design and build solutions to assist our business users, and improve customer experience
- Architect and design solutions with fellow team members
- Researching how solutions are being implemented locally and internationally
- Applying creative problem solving to develop solutions
- Making takealot.com the best place to shop at
- Making takealot.com the best place to work
The skills we need:
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, using data to inform decisions
- Ability to dis-aggregate and structure solutions to ambiguous problems
- Solid quantitative skills
- Ability to interview and interact professionally with internal and external people
- Capability to present ideas succinctly, in writing and verbally
- Versatile and with the appetite to learn by doing
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Good SQL and MySQL experience in a high-load environment
- A thorough understanding of software engineering practices and best practices, including Agile software development, source code control systems and the use of software IDEs and development and testing tools.
- An understanding of software deployment tools, deployment processes and best practices
- Experience with building Restful API web services
Let’s talk about life @ Takealot Group
- The power is in your hands: We offer a market-related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs. Go on, be the master of your own destiny.
- No doors: We aren’t fans of stuffy offices or siloed work environments. See someone you like? High five, collab and make something great.
- Remote working: Love water cooler chats and working from home? Takealot.com offers a hybrid working model for the best of both worlds.
- Mentorship programme: We aren’t kidding when we say the people with the best people win. Now’s your chance to be one of the best, by learning from the best.
- Naspers Tech Community & Online Learning: Share ideas and grow with global industry leaders who are all just a Slack message away. Love to learn? Up-skill with free access to courses on MyAcademy, Udacity, Coursera and more.
- Good times: Get to know the other extraordinary minds at takealot.com during regular social events and out-of-office activities (think hikes, think mini golf, think good times).
- Staff discount. Millions of products across 28 departments. What more could you ask for?
- Birthday leave: Cake Day all the way. Enjoy your day off - you deserve it.
- Right tools, right job: Mac or Windows, two monitors or one. Whatever your preference, you’ll work on the latest tech, off the latest tech.
- Help when you need it most: Confidential counselling, legal support and financial guidance, for free, anytime, anywhere.
- Tech stack (for days): ReactJS, Python, Scala, Kotlin, Swift, Google Cloud, Kafka, Redis, Kubernetes and all things machine learning. If you build it, they will come.
- Free parking: No more 5km fun runs to your desk (unless you want to).
Like what you see?
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind. Apply today!!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference