takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented QA Test Analyst API (Logistics) to join our team in either Cape Town, Stellenbosch or Johannesburg.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Think you’ve been challenged before? Think again!
- Scale: Over 2.5 million happy shoppers shop online on takealot.com. Show them what you can do.
- Learn: We work with the best of the best, and then some. Code alongside industry leaders and upskill in record time.
- Grow: Expand your career in the fast-growing Takealot Group: takealot.com, Superbalist.com and Mr D Food. We like to promote from within: Here’s your chance.
Who’s who in the tech space
This role reports to the QA Team Manager.
A QA API Analyst’s job duties include planning, designing, and evaluating products, as well as collaborating with production management. The QA API Analyst makes sure that the finished product can be identified easily and tested thoroughly. Testing returned units, collecting data, and analyzing patterns are also among the test engineer's duties.
Work closely with the Team and QA Manager to ensure quality is implemented as part of the processes and that quality standards are adhered to.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
- API backend testing (REST services, Kafka, SQL) using Postman and automation
- Contribute to API automation repo
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop status reports based on test completion/findings and communicate these to team leaders including any impact on the overall project plan
- Perform all tasks with attention to detail
- Read and comprehend requirements for testing
- Create test plans and test cases per business requirements
- Provide daily & weekly status test reporting to team lead
- Troubleshoot issues experienced during testing
- Test case management, creation and execution
- Prioritisation of tasks, identification of items requiring escalation
- Analyse and capture testing metrics
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors Degree or Advanced Diploma in Computer Science/Software Engineering/related technical discipline with 5 years of Technical backend testing applications solid experience.
- 3 years Software testing (API and SQL DB).
- 2 years backend API automation experience using a programming language.
- In the event that a candidate does not have a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Diploma (in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other technical related disciplines), an equivalent experience requirement must be met, which equates to a minimum of 8 years of Technical backend testing applications solid experience.
- ISTQB/ISEB qualification will be an advantage.
Process and Communication
- Experience in testing multiple platforms that communicate with backend APIs and databases
- Experience managing testing throughout the SDLC
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Additionally, the role requires a proven ability to read and understand test requirements and list out the logical testing path.
- Self-motivated with strong capability of fast learning
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and within the team
- The ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems quickly and creatively.
- Quick learner and can adapt to multiple project environments in a shorter time frame
- Attend and offer testing insights during design, planning and grooming sessions
- Analyse requirements and identify test criteria
- Ensure the solution elements match the acceptance criteria
- Employ both manual and technical testing techniques to ensure that user experience and functionality testing is covered
- Document results where deemed necessary
Tools and Technology
- Strong background in API and DB testing
- Experience with Jmeter, Postman, soapUI or any API testing tool
- Experience working with any defect tracking tool
- Intermediate SQL knowledge/experience
- Backend automation using a programming language (Python, Java, C#)
- Basic software development skill/experience is highly advantageous
- Basic understanding of online retail systems highly advantageous
Let’s talk about life @ Takealot Group
- The power is in your hands: We offer a market-related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs. Go on, be the master of your own destiny.
- No doors: We aren’t fans of stuffy offices or siloed work environments. See someone you like? High five, collab and make something great.
- Remote working: Love water cooler chats and working from home? Takealot.com offers a hybrid working model for the best of both worlds.
- Mentorship programme: We aren’t kidding when we say the people with the best people win. Now’s your chance to be one of the best, by learning from the best.
- Naspers Tech Community & Online Learning: Share ideas and grow with global industry leaders who are all just a Slack message away. Love to learn? Up-skill with free access to courses on MyAcademy, Udacity, Coursera and more.
- Good times: Get to know the other extraordinary minds at takealot.com during regular social events and out-of-office activities (think hikes, think mini golf, think good times).
- Staff discount. Millions of products across 28 departments. What more could you ask for?
- Birthday leave: Cake Day all the way. Enjoy your day off - you deserve it.
- Right tools, right job: Mac or Windows, two monitors or one. Whatever your preference, you’ll work on the latest tech, off the latest tech.
- Help when you need it most: Confidential counselling, legal support and financial guidance, for free, anytime, anywhere.
- Tech stack (for days): ReactJS, Python, Scala, Kotlin, Swift, Google Cloud, Kafka, Redis, Kubernetes and all things machine learning. If you build it, they will come.
- Free parking: No more 5km fun runs to your desk (unless you want to).
Like what you see?
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind. Apply today!!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference