Takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Finance Operations Team Lead to join our Finance Team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative and hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related Total Remuneration Package, which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored, as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports to the Finance Operations Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build, train, manage, and maintain an effective and independent Finance Operations team to handle day-to-day responsibility of
- Customer refunds
- Payment fraud management
- Finance investigations of customer exceptions
- Customer facing payments process
- Engagement with internal stakeholders (Customer Service-, Engineering- and product teams) to align and scale business process
- Develop and implement new processes and procedures as well as the maintenance thereof, to streamline all finance operational tasks at scale.
- Proactively identify and manage customer payment risks
- Investigate and resolve customer payment queries efficiently and timely
- Monitoring Payment systems and reporting of customer payment KPI’s
- Investigating and troubleshooting systemic issues and escalating to internal stakeholders
- Managing Bank Chargebacks process end to end
- Work closely with Banks and payment providers to investigate exceptions and manage risks
- Managing Customer Refunds process end to end
- Resolving Payment partner and Bank related queries
- Reporting and owning of KPI’s of finance operations team members
- Ad hoc duties, as required within the finance department department
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills
- Work under pressure
- Continuous improvement- and scaling mindset
- Ability to lead from the front
- Streamlining processes with an agile approach
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Deadline driven
- Problem solving skills
- Comfortable with constant change
- Ability to use multiple systems and multitask in a faced paced environment
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree / Diploma in Accounting
- 2 – 4 years relevant experience in similar role as a team leader
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- E-Commerce or Retail experience will be an advantage
- Experience in customer facing finance risk management advantageous
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always
- looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above criteria and are an Extraordinary Mind, come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.