takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Insights Analyst to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper-growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Head of Insights and CRM
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing monthly and quarterly analyses to inform a deeper understanding of the Takealot Customer, provide insights and recommendations for driving increased customer acquisition, improved retention and increased frequency of shop.
- Performing in-depth database analyses and making use of appropriate clustering and segmentation techniques to effectively segment the Takealot customer base.
- Using predictive modelling techniques to build customer churn and CLV models.
- Designing and building appropriate management reports and dashboards.
- Building uplift models to drive increased ROI.
- Working closely with the Retail and Retail Marketing Teams to complete all adhoc customer analysis requests.
- Use external market research to obtain insights into Takealot’s target market – both potential and existing customer needs, perceptions, motivations, expectations, shopping behaviour, budgets and lifestyles. Effective competitor analysis – including key product category analysis.
- Continuously identifying new ways of using customer information to enhance business decisions and increase the understanding of the Takealot customer base.
- Contributing to the development of the analytics capabilities within the Marketing Team, with a focus on finding creative solutions to analysis, reporting and measurement.
- Application of strong commercial insight and acumen to interpret, simulate and model customer behaviour.
- Turning business questions into functional analyses to test theories.
- Be the custodian of all customer-related data and insights.
- Work effectively with multiple departments including Marketing, Retail and BI.
- Analytical and data-driven with a demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically.
- Application of strong commercial insights in order to interpret, simulate and model customer behaviour.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to weave a coherent, compelling narrative around the available data. Experience presenting to Senior Management.
- Self-guided learner, self-starter, and curious and passionate about data. You immerse yourself in it and are excited to develop and enhance your marketing analytics skills.
- Ability to work independently, productively and proactively follow through on all responsibilities to bring projects to a successful conclusion.
- Ability to translate business needs and goals into analytic approach and response
- Ability to work on and prioritise multiple projects that will impact the business at various levels.
- A high-energy with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership and mentor skills
- Solutions-oriented with a can-do attitude
- Highly organised and efficient, with an ability to work towards and meet tight deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Passion for the brand and customers
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years in a data/analytical role
- Experience in an insights role or using data to provide actionable insights
- Relevant Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, or Business or Marketing
- Analytics and or Data Science qualification advantageous
- Experience using machine learning algorithms and building predictive models ( i.e. k-means clustering, logistic regression, linear regression) is advantageous
- Experience using various segmentation techniques (i.e. RFM) is advantageous
- Practical experience using Excel, Google Sheets, SQL, R and/or Python
- Experience using Google Analytics, Looker, Google Big Query and Qliksense is advantageous
- Experience in Retail or e-commerce environment is advantageous
- A grounding in marketing and communication principles is advantageous
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.