MR D Food, a 100% subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a talented, motivated and results-oriented Driver Operations Coordinator to join the team in Hermanus.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Cloud Driver Operations Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Activating drivers at activation locations (this includes public spaces) before shifts till early/late in the evening including weekends.
- Being on standby for call out driver support and dispute resolution till the end of Mr D Food operating hours including weekends.
- Ensure driver uniform compliance for drivers on shift.
- Perform and document pre-shift driver compliance checks.
- Support on driver training and onboarding.
- First level support for Mr D Food drivers.
- On the ground assistance with the sourcing of Mr D Food drivers.
- Final document collection and activation of independent Mr D Food driver partners.
- Able to work under pressure
- Self-motivated, self-monitoring & self-disciplined
- Dynamic & energetic
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Fluent in English
- Conversational knowledge of Zulu, Xhosa and/or other African languages is considered an advantage
- Learning agility & adaptability
- High degree of personal motivation and resilience
- Strong coordinating skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- MS Windows & Google Suite experience
- Minimum 2 years proven working experience in a relevant role
- Ability to work on a rotational shift basis that include evenings and weekends
- Access to own vehicle
- Driver's license (Code B)
- Access to own Android smartphone
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.