Mr D Food, SA's leading online food delivery business belonging to the takealot.com group, is looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial marketer with excellent all round marketing knowledge to join our team and lead the growth and brand of Mr D Food
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Reporting to the CEO of Mr D Food.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Own all advertising, brand and growth activities for Mr D Food.
- Develop and execute on brand and marketing strategies at both national and hyper local level that will generate large scale brand awareness, effectively position Mr D Food and differentiate it from its competitors.
- Be responsible for achieving the order volume and GMV growth targets of the business, along with the related customer acquisition, retention and frequency goals.
- Team management – lead, manage and build the brand, growth (promotions, merchandising, CRM & performance marketing), creative and social media teams that will report into this CMO role.
- Manage ATL & PR agency relationships and hold them accountable to KPIs.
- Develop a thorough understanding of our customers through deep analysis of our internal data and external market research, in order to optimise our marketing spend and accelerate growth.
- Work with our Restaurant Sales team and directly with key restaurant partners to source promotions, deals and partnership opportunities.
- Negotiate trade exchange deals and partnership deals with 3rd parties to generate cost effective exposure and customer acquisition.
- Develop Mr D Food’s advertising/media proposition to restaurant partners and 3rd party brands and be responsible for achieving the advertising revenue goals.
- Work closely with the Head of Product to align our products to brand guidelines, operationalise digital marketing initiatives, effectively market new product features and enhance our customer experience.
- Oversee corporate partnerships and bulk voucher sales.
- Establish, monitor and manage all relevant KPIs and ROI measures.
- Build, track and own the marketing budgets.
- A track record of having managed and grown a brand.
- Experience working with the full range of marketing channels.
- Exceptional understanding of digital and social platforms and digital marketing tools.
- Creative nous for campaigns and content.
- Natural team leader with a proven track record of growing and developing a team.
- Tech savvy and entrepreneurial with a strong commercial outlook
- Highly numerate and analytical, with demonstrable experience in making data orientated decisions and running a data oriented marketing function.
- A track record of having grown a customer / user base and performed on acquisition and revenue targets.
- Experience managing a creative team.
- A desire to be part of an ambitious, fast paced, execution focused culture and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
Qualifications and Minimum Requirements:
- Minimum 7 years marketing experience, with a minimum of 2 years in a marketing leadership role.
- Experience working in, or closely with, an ecommerce/internet businesses.
- Proven experience developing and growing a brand.
- Prior experience in large scale customer acquisition.
- Proven experience of working with data, performance marketing, customer insights and running data oriented campaigns.
- Prior experience of managing external agencies.
- Prior experience developing and managing budgets.
- Bachelors degree
- Advantageous: MBA
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.