Mr D Food, a division of takealot.com, is looking for a highly talented Software Engineer for Android to join our team in Cape Town.
We are looking for a talented Mid Level Android Engineer to be part of the Mr D Food mobile team. Build the best possible mobile experience for our thousands of daily active customers. Working with the Senior Android Engineer, help shape the mobile eCommerce/Food delivery landscape in South Africa by enhancing an app that, with over 1.4 million downloads, is consistently number 1 in its respective App Store category.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
- Take ownership, build and maintain our bleeding edge mobile eCommerce Android application.
- Design, develop and test code written in Java/Kotlin.
- Apply best practice and ensure stability and security of the applications.
- Monitor and profile application performance.
- Take part in daily standup; manage your time and workload effectively.
- Collaborate with creative, content and engineering teams to design and develop a world-class Android application.
- Publish applications to the Google Play Store
- Strong Computer Science and programming fundamentals.
- Experience architecting, developing, testing and maintaining Android mobile applications.
- Experience with network requests to RESTful APIs (JSON) using best practice.
- Full understanding of the Android application, activity and fragment life-cycles.
- Appreciation of Android-specific asynchronous processing techniques.
- Knowledge and appreciation of Android user experience design patterns.
- Experience using GIT, Jira and Confluence
- Experience developing in an Agile team environment
- Be accountable, engaging and inventive.
- Work alongside a QA engineer regarding testing and product finalisation.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Sketch, Zeplin and Photoshop.
- Experience with Google Maps, Firebase & Braze.
- Information Technology or Computer Science Degree.
- Minimum 2 years of experience.
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to employ Extraordinary Minds, people who are:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference