Mr D Food, a division of takealot.com, is looking for a highly talented Product Owner (Restaurants) - Mid-Level to join our team in Cape Town.
The Product team at Mr D Food, is passionate about creating experiences that satisfy & delight our customers. As a Product Owner you will be responsible for driving the execution and on time delivery of products and features for our restaurant partners. You will be working closely with colleagues across Engineering, Design, User Research, Business Development, Operations, and Sales to bring your ideas to life.
This position reports to the Restaurants Product Manager
- Managing the execution and rollout of Restaurant Partner related product features and tools for our operations and sales teams. This includes the entire product development cycle from design, implementation, testing and launch to success metric monitoring.
- Collaborate and communicate cross functionally across product, UX, engineering, Restaurant Partners, operations and sales teams to ensure quality execution and timely delivery of features.
- Gather business requirements and act as the primary link between business stakeholders and the engineering team.
- Write detailed product specification documents to define the business needs and requirements for our engineering teams (i.e define objectives and success metrics, document business rules, define epics/user stories, write acceptance criteria and design wireframes).
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, break down high-level information into their constituent details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true business needs
- Collaborate with technical lead and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with project team to analyse information needs and functional requirements to deliver the following artefacts as needed:
- Business/functional requirement specification
- Wireframes, Workflow / process flow diagrams
- Data Model/s, Obtain sign-off on the specifications
- Be proactive in ensuring that the development and QA teams understand the requirements by attending daily team meetings and initiating functional clarification sessions where needed
- Setting timelines, driving project schedules and leading cross-functional development teams from design through to release
- Be the liaison between the business and the engineering team
- Project manage the implementation of selected project initiatives
- Review the test plan and test scripts to ensure quality and coverage
- Performing user acceptance testing
- Proven track record of execution and has the ability to formulate a detailed product roadmap, and to execute on that plan.
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy
- Knowledge of UX best practices.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, using data to inform decisions
- Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high quality, innovative, clean solutions
- Ability to present ideas succinctly, in writing and verbally
- Appetite for truly owning the products that they develop and manage.
- Versatile and with an appetite to learn by doing
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter and moves quickly.
Key Skills & Experience
- At least 3+ years minimum experience as a Product Owner or similar role in a tech/mobile application company (Preferably in an eCommerce and mobile environment).
- Tertiary education degree in Engineering/Computer Science/Information Systems or relevant industry experience in a similar field would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, restaurant or hospitality POS systems or ecommerce catalogue software.
- A proven track record of delivering world-class product and ability to formulate and deliver a detailed product roadmap.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including technical and non-technical individuals
- Employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of being the leading food delivery player in South Africa
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve
- We are short on ego and high on output
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it is all in the execution after all
- We love what we do and what we are creating
- We seek to Employ an Extraordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for Mr D Food
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Mr D Food is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference