We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Reporting to the Restaurant Team Lead, your responsibilities will include:
- Take ownership, improve and maintain the Angular Web Front-ends.
- Take part in daily standup, with the ability to express management of time and relative work load.
- Apply best practice and ensure stability and security of the applications.
- Full stack experience of any sort is a huge plus! (Nice to have)
- You appreciate and understand object oriented programming concepts
- You have a good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates and AJAX
- Should have experience with CSS precompilers such as Less or Sass
- Knowledge and experience cross browser and cross device compatible solutions including for mobile
- You have a desire to help design, develop and refine new features, brainstorm new ideas and concepts as well as locate and resolve bugs and crashes
- You have experience using a source control solution such as Git
- You must be comfortable on the command line, locally and remotely (SSH) in a *nix based environment.
- You should love doing this kind of stuff and are not afraid to try new things just to see how they work.
- Able to evaluate and learn new libraries, frameworks, concepts to validate whether they might be of value to our team
- Be accountable, engaging and inventive.
- Mentor junior frontend engineers
- Work along side a QA engineer regarding testing and product finalisation.
Nice to have experience:
- Experience with Sketch, Zeplin and Photoshop designs
- Experience with Google Maps & Firebase.
- Good understanding of SVG.
- Be able to work from mobile designs to create desktop designs.
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Information Technology or Computer Science Degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of being the leading food delivery player in South Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it is all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
- We seek to Employ an Extraordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for Mr D Food
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Mr D Food is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference