Mr D Food, a division of takealot.com, is looking for a highly talented Software Engineer for Android to join our team in Cape Town.
We are looking for a talented Senior Android Engineer to be part of the Mr D Food mobile team. Build the best possible mobile experience for our thousands of daily active customers. Working with the Team Lead, help shape the mobile eCommerce/Food delivery landscape in South Africa by enhancing an app that, with over 1.4 million downloads, is consistently number 1 in its respective App Store category.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
- Take ownership, build and maintain our bleeding edge mobile eCommerce Android application.
- Design, develop and test code written in Java/Kotlin.
- Apply best practice and ensure stability and security of the applications.
- Monitor and profile application performance.
- Take part in daily standup; manage your time and workload effectively.
- Collaborate with creative, content and engineering teams to design and develop a world-class Android application.
- Publish applications to the Google Play Store
- Strong Computer Science and programming fundamentals.
- Experience architecting, developing, testing and maintaining Android mobile applications.
- Experience with network requests to RESTful APIs (JSON) using best practice.
- Full understanding of the Android application, activity and fragment life-cycles.
- Appreciation of Android-specific asynchronous processing techniques.
- Knowledge and appreciation of Android user experience design patterns.
- Experience using GIT, Jira and Confluence
- Experience developing in an Agile team environment
- Be accountable, engaging and inventive.
- Work alongside a QA engineer regarding testing and product finalisation.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Sketch, Zeplin and Photoshop.
- Experience with Google Maps, Firebase & Braze.
- Information Technology or Computer Science Degree OR Minimum of 4 years relevant experience
- Employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of being the leading food delivery player in South Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it is all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
- We seek to Employ an Extraordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for Mr D Food
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Mr D Food is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference