takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Industrial Engineer Systems to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the General Manager: Operations.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Day to Day administration of Oracle WMS – user maintenance, user access, user profiles and location maintenance, level 1 support to DC operations, troubleshooting of integration issues with ERP
- Interface between DC Operations and WMS Vendor (Oracle for issue logging and resolution. Reporting on and analysis of issue trends with WMS Vendor)
- Responsible for testing and roll-out of proposed new functionalities and bi-annual upgrades of Oracle.
- Development of reporting and dashboards from WMS reporting database for OPS management teams
- Analyzing system logs, identifying and reporting of potential issues with all operational systems.
- Performing routine audits of systems and operational processes
- Understanding & partaking in stock sync, operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords.
- Answering technical queries and assisting users.
- Troubleshooting and recording of reported system problems.
- Responsible to align full operational flow across all departments with system processes
- Liaison with IT & ensuring that the network infrastructure is up and running.
- Assist En-log team to apply all system upgrades & system errors
- Quality Control (QC) support for Integration of Dimensions operational assistance
- Assisting in trouble shooting WCS & escalating to stakeholders
- Liaise with operational systems and service providers with management
- Ensure Quality Assurance (QA) on testing and validation,
- Responsible for all technical WMS understanding & internal DC processes
- Responsible for maintenance of technical training schedules in support of operational SOP’s
- Responsible for onsite IT Assist and technical support
- Assisting in arranging data in an understandable manner to assist operations with dashboards
- Assist operations with good system practice & change management.
- Full understanding of a WCS, the application, troubleshoot, problems
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude; self-motivated
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Previous experience in mini project management
- Comfortable with change and excellent team player
- Comfortable with learning and adapting to new systems
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience within DC operations
- Previous experience with WMS systems such as Logfire, Manhattan, Red Prairie, SAP, Highjump or similar -
- Industrial Engineering, B.Comm Logistics or similar degree preferred
- High level of proficiency with MS Office packages
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.