Takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented individual to fulfil the role of Logistics Engineering Manager within the Supply Chain Development team.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hardworking people to join us. We offer market related remuneration, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t get bored, as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Head of Supply Chain Development.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Initiating and implementing new logistics engineering projects across the supply chain for the Takealot group, including but not limited to:
- Continuous improvement projects within the Takealot dispatch and delivery network (expand to enable increased growth volumes).
- Working cross functionally with the Distribution Centre (DC) Operations Team and Takealot Delivery Team (TDT) to optimise total logistics cost and delivery lead-time.
- Initiating new logistics projects within the Takealot delivery network to reduce overheads and improve efficiency.
- Improve logistics variable costs (i.e. packaging cost, vehicle utilisation) through engineering projects within the DC & TDT network.
- Working collaboratively with TDT to optimise the Takealot outbound supply chain network. This includes the analysis to develop new hubs and pickup points.
- Strategically project manage all logistics & transport engineering critical projects for the supply chain.
- Benchmarking with other retailers and service providers to improve operations and reduce logistics & transport costs.
- Facilitating logistics tenders with 3PL service providers on both the inbound and outbound logistics network.
- Reducing and optimising both the inter DC logistics and hub network costs.
- Support the submission of the Takealot Logistics Budget with regards to Fleet, Pickup points, Hub Network expansion, Capex projects and other related items.
- Managing the team responsible for the analysis and coordination of the logistics & transport engineering studies and projects.
- Good leadership and team development skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with external stakeholders to develop logistics & transport engineering solutions
- Quantitative analytical capability, with a strong grasp of management and cost accounting principles and metrics
- High degree of personal motivation and resilience; Strong self-starter
- Logistics supply chain experience at a strategic, tactical and operational level
- Comfortable with change and a strong team player
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Industrial) or similar related degree
- Minimum 2 years management experience in Logistics / Supply Chain
- 4+ years’ experience in setting up supply chain networks within Supply Chain, Planning and Logistics Engineering field
- High level of proficiency with MS Office packages with proven advanced proficiency in MS Excel. Need to be able to simulate scenarios for the SC network.
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.