Mr D Food is looking for a highly talented Senior CRM Manager to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Head of Growth Mr D Food
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for developing and executing our end-to-end CRM strategies to drive personalised customer communications and incentive programs across consumer and business segments
- Project manage various lifecycle projects and campaigns, working closely with Brand, Data, and Design teams
- Lead our marketing automation strategy in line with transactional, promotional, and brand strategies
- Be the champion, and expert, in the use of the Braze CRM platform and it’s features.
- Manage the end to end creation and execution of email, push notification and sms marketing campaigns that deliver against business goals for assigned work flows
- Establish, report on, and improve KPIs for all campaigns / communications.
- Own the operational dashboard creation for all CRM campaigns and communications against first time customers and order KPI
- Act as a key partner to the business as the customer insights and CRM best practices expert
- Collaborate with data science, brand & performance marketing teams to understand consumer segmentation / behaviour & identify consumer insights to leverage in lifecycle marketing
- Working closely with other businesses within the Takealot Group (Superbalist.com + takealot.com) to drive joint campaigns and increase user engagement across the portfolio
- Work with our product, data science and brand teams to design and launch complex automated campaigns using Braze and other MarTech tools
- Create and document a formal optimisation program (A/B. Multivariate, etc) for testing and iterating on CRM initiatives to drive highly converting CRM communications
- Partner with our product, operations, brand, and sales teams to ensure all CRM initiatives are aligned to our core brand proposition
Skills & Attributes required:
- An appreciation and passion for memorable customer engagement
- A solid understanding of CRM across various touchpoints
- A keen interest in data and its ability to inform strategies and plans
- Outstanding numeric and analytical skills
- Experience using Braze, App Boy or similar CRM marketing platforms.
- Experience in marketing and communication.
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy.
- Highly organized and efficient, whilst being flexible and versatile.
- An enthusiasm for, and an understanding of e-commerce.
- Exceptional English writing skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Tech savvy with an inquisitive mind.
- The appetite for being involved in a startup environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Confident, with very strong interpersonal & communication skills and a proven ability
- To build productive relationships quickly
- Degree/diploma in Marketing, Business, Advertising or Communication
- 5+ years work experience, of which a minimum of 2 years should have been in a CRM management role
- Experience within e-commerce and/or a digital company
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to draw meaningful insights from data across various platforms
- Solid experience using enterprise CRM solutions (Braze (formerly AppBoy) preferred) i.e. Salesforce Marketing Cloud, SAP Marketing Cloud, Adobe Marketing Cloud, or similar CRM enterprise platforms
- Understanding of Lifecycle/1:1 marketing (personalisation)
- A proven record of achieving sales in CRM channels
- A proven track record of growing sales through CRM channels
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.