MR D Food, a 100% subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a talented, motivated and results-oriented Driver Operations Team Lead.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Head of Mr D Food Driver Operations Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating the contracting and onboarding of Mr D Food driver partners
- In time, managing a team of Driver Operations Coordinators
- Performance review and setting of targets of the Driver Operations Coordinators
- Implementing processes related to the recruitment, onboarding, training and operational management of drivers
- Monitoring and reacting to relevant driver operational metrics
- Helping the business improve its processes
- Scouting locations suitable for training and onboarding of drivers
- Supporting with the recruitment, onboarding and training of new drivers
- Maintaining driver records and ensuring process adherence by the driver coordinators in relation to record keeping
- Helping the Mr D Food driver recruitment teams unlock driver supply channels
- Gaining on the ground insights on food delivery driver trends
- Travelling locally within the region assigned to you (Durban)
- Supporting with the handing out of driver uniforms and hotbags
- Supporting with driver compliance checks
- Supporting and facilitating an efficient driver complaints investigation channel
- Activating drivers at training locations (this includes public spaces) before shifts till early/late in the evening including on weekends where required
- Being on standby for call out driver support and dispute resolution till the end of Mr D Food operating hours including on weekends where required
Skills & Attributes required:
- Able to deal with people from various levels
- Strong coordinating skills
- Outgoing in nature and willing to approach people
- Willingness to share knowledge and develop people
- Able to work under pressure
- Self-motivated, self-monitoring & self-disciplined
- Dynamic & energetic
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Fluent in English
- Conversational knowledge of Zulu, Xhosa and/or other African languages is considered an advantage
- Able to motivate and lead teams
- Learning agility & adaptability
- High degree of personal motivation and resilience
- Matric qualification
- Tertiary qualification would be advantageous
- Experience with leading operational teams (5+ reports)
- Minimum 2 years proven working experience in a relevant role
- Valid driver's license and own transport
- Access to own Android smartphone
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.