takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented WMS Engineer to join our team in Cape Town.
We're a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity, to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you're prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports into the Warehouse Management System (WMS) Product Owner.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Day to Day administration of Oracle Cloud WMS – user maintenance, location maintenance, level 1 support to warehouse operations, troubleshooting of integration issues with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Responsible from a WMS perspective for the integration with external systems
- Drive continuous improvement projects through the application of the WMS system
- Assist with facilitating of testing and roll-out of proposed new functionalities as well as quarterly upgrades of Oracle Cloud WMS and Corresponding Application Tools
- Development of reporting and dashboards from WMS reporting database
- Preparation of training material and responsible for training workshops on new WMS processes (Training lead)
- Ensure Workforce Management (WFM) software is implemented successfully
- Administration of the WFM software – Fixing of errors, reporting, cleansing of data, keeping WMS and WFM system data in sync
- Maintenance- and optimization of waving templates
- Assist with manual waving of exception orders on a daily basis
- Technical lead on the application of the Oracle WMS with regards to operational process changes
- Responsible for creating database backups and data purging of the WMS data
- Data analysis and possible simulation modeling linked to continuous warehouse system application improvement
- Providing quick solutions to issues and recommending the best practices
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude; self-motivated
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills; both written and spoken; and capability of resolving demanding tasks with tight deadlines as well as work with internal teams
- Understanding of warehouse operations and processes
- Firm understanding of integration of external systems with a WMS system
- Firm understanding of the application of WMS system to support and improve warehouse operational processes
- Proven track record of implementing continuous improvement initiatives
- Comfortable with change and excellent team player
- Comfortable with learning and adapting to new systems
- Competent in data analysis and modelling
Qualifications / Experience:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or similar discipline
- At least 3 years experience within warehouse operations
- Previous experience within logistics industry e-commerce (preferred)
- Previous experience with Oracle WMS system (highly preferred)
- High level of proficiency with MS Office packages, specifically Excel (for Modelling). VBA programming is highly preferred.
- QlikView / QlikSense (highly preferred), AutoCAD & Simulation software
- Competence in SQL or other database software
- Understanding of ERP systems and integration with other systems
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.